About the Organization US&S is a facility maintenance and support service provider specializing in:
* Operations & Maintenance
* Grounds Maintenance
* Professional & Technical Staff Support Services
Our award-winning company offers an unparalleled level of service for clients and operates at offices and project sites predominantly throughout the southeast United States, serving federal, commercial, industrial and institutional markets. Our substantial base of long-term, repeat clients demonstrates the importance we place on building and sustaining relationships through the culture of our people and performance excellence. We have earned a reputation that we are proud to maintain for many years to come!
Open Date 6/25/2018
Location LM - Marietta
Shift Various Shifts
This premier company is looking for the janitors to provide our clients with outstanding services that exceed their expectations!
We have a lot to be proud of! US&S, Inc. is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned & Minority-Owned Small Business that was named the Greenville Chamber of Commerce "2014 Small Business of the Year", named by GSA Magazine as "one of the leading minority businesses in the Upstate (SC)". In 2012, the President of US&S, Inc. was selected by the US. Small Business Administration of South Carolina as the "2012 National Minority Small Business Person of the Year".
US&S offers a comprehensive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & AD&D, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and 401(k).
We need dependable candidates who will provide our customers with thorough and quality services! The Janitor`s role is to ensure that the client`s facilities are sanitary, organized and safe. They provide consistent quality services to our clients by regularly performing tasks such as dust mopping and damp mopping the floors, as well as cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms and furniture.
COMPENSATION: up to $13 per hour
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1.The Janitor ensures the environment is clean and sanitized.
- Cleans and sanitizes all assigned work areas, including bathroom sinks, toilets, tubs and commodes.
- Sweeps, vacuums, and mops floors and stairways.
- Polishes furniture, metal work, and chrome using appropriate cleaning and polishing compounds.
- Dusts such items as blinds, furniture, file cabinets, and windowsills using treated dust mittens, cloths, or hand cleaning items.
- Gathers and disposes of rubbish by hand or with the use ofpowered equipment.
- Prioritizes work assignments in order to complete tasks in a timelymanner.
- Changes assignments and reprioritizes based on unforeseen events (ie. Spills, etc.).
- Informs the supervisor when tasks need to be reprioritized and /or assignments need to change.
- Washes walls, ceilings, woodwork, and chrome using appropriate cleaning and polishing compounds as well as both step and extension ladders.
2. Ensures the safety of all clients and other external and internal stakeholders.
3. Demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
4. Works effectively with coworkers and supervisors to accomplish goals.
5. Other job duties as assigned.
1. Customer Service Orientation
2. Cooperation & Teamwork
3. Attention to Detail and Thoroughness
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
* Some previous experience is preferable, but on-site training is provided.
* HS Diploma or GED.
* Valid photo identification to enter the work area.
* Ability to pass pre-employment and ongoing drug and alcohol screening tests.
* Ability to pass requirements to obtain a security badge, as needed by the client.
* Authorization to work in the US as per the E-Verify database.
1. The physical activity for the Janitor position is:
- Climbing. Ascending or descending ladders, stares, and ramps using feet and legs and/ or hands and arms.
- Balancing. Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling and walking, standing and crouching on narrow and slippery surfaces to clean.
- Stooping. Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
- Kneeling. Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Crouching. Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Reaching. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing for sustained periods of time.
- Walking. Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, and has an ability to navigate from one location to another.
- Pushing. Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Pulling. Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Lifting. Must raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to-to-position.
- Manual dexterity that allows the use of hands and fingers to turn on machines and safely push a mop and / or buffing machine.
- Feeling. Must be able to perceive attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips. Assesses potential safety threats , such as by exposure to chemicals and heat from malfunctioning equipment.
- Talking and hearing. Able to express and exchange ideas by means of the spoken word. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make the discrimination in sound.
- Repetitive motions. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrist, hands, and and/or fingers.
- Subject to vibration and exposed to oscillating movements of the extremities and whole body, such as when using a buffing machine that needs to be controlled while vibrating.
2. Physical requirements for the Janitor:
- Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 lbs of force occasionally and / or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and /or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
3. The visual acuity requirements for the Janitor (including color, depth perception and field vision).
- Required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned and to make general observation off facilities or structures.
4.The Janitor will be subject to the following conditions in this position:
- Required to work inside and outside, while being exposed to various climates for short periods of time (less than one hour).
- Subject to hazards which includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, and exposure to chemicals.
EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
How To Apply:
US&S, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.