3770 Poleline Road
Pocatello, ID 83201
Summary: The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for the analysis and development of processes and procedures to improve the quality and efficiency of the overall shop process. We are looking for candidates that have a stable work history with a strong work ethic to achieve goals in a fast paced, high growth environment.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
1. Have the ability to confer with engineering, technical and manufacturing personnel by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
2. Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve engineering problems.
3. Be able to read blueprints, production layouts and technical drawings.
4. Execute time and motion studies as well as work methods.
5. Exhibit proven skills in multitasking and a thorough understanding of lean manufacturing procedures.
6. Inspect product in-process and after assembly to determine quality. Inspection shall include Engineering drawings, outlines and designs, mechanical dimensions, electrical wiring, and overall appearance of product. Write NCR’s for non-conformance items. Follow-up NCR’s through rectification or obtain approval before final stamp for shipping. Maintain records of non-conformance. Correct those items which can be handled by test technicians.
7. Accept responsibility for quality control stamps and affix stamps on product after inspection. Sign off the check sheets once the unit is tested.
8. Become familiar with company’s and industry standards for testing company product.
9. Maintain neat and orderly work areas.
10. Satisfy all performance requirements as determined by supervisor, as well as attendance guidelines as prescribed by the Employee Handbook.
11. Other duties as directed by supervisor.
Accountability: Reports to the Assistant Plant Manager.
1. 2-5 years relevant experience in manufacturing process engineer or related field.
2. Ability to work variable work schedules.
3. Experience must include manufacturing plant in electrical equipment.
1. 4-year engineering technology degree.
Note: Management retains the right to change or modify the duties and requirements of this position at any time at the discretion of the Company.
How To Apply:
Virginia Transformer Corp offers a competitive benefits package. If you seek a challenge and opportunity in a fast paced growing company please send resume and wage history to:
Virginia Transformer Corp
220 Glade View Drive NE
Roanoke, Virginia 24012
Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Females and Minorities are encouraged to Apply