3770 Poleline Road
Pocatello, ID 83201
Department: Engineering Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt Reports To: Mech Engr Spv
Amount of Travel Required: 0-10% Positions Supervised: None
Responsible optimize the mechanical system for containing the electrical assembly of power transformers weighing up to 100,000 lbs using and applying mechanical design principles, research data, appropriate industry standards and proposed product specifications.
- Apply mechanics, strength of materials, thermal and vibration analysis to optimize the package wt, size and temp rise of the coils.
- Conversant with formulae and mechanical and thermal properties of metals and plastics.
- Use CAD system or other appropriate computer programs for producing design drawings and outlines as appropriate
- Apply industry standards governing the design and manufacture of various types of transformers and switchgear.
- Produce accurate detailed design drawings and outlines of standard oil and dry type designs.
- Generate Bills of Material (BOM) for all material and accessories needed in a design package, except core and coil conductor.
- Oversee the work of and train junior mechanical engineers and technicians.
- Review and check designs produced by other mechanical designers for conformance to specifications.
- Complete design activities in accordance with schedule requirements as assigned by the supervisor.
- Satisfy all work performance and attendance requirements.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
1. Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
2. Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
3. Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
4. Communication - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken and written word.
5. Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
6. Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
7. Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
8. Self Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology, or Associate’s degree in Engineering Technology, plus five years equivalent experience in design, drafting, or testing.
Relevant experience in transformer or other power-related products preferred. Familiarity with finite element techniques.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
MS Office, engineering design software.
Physical Abilities Lift /Carry
Stand F (Frequently) 11-20 lbs O (Occasionally)
Walk F (Frequently)
Sit C (Constantly)
Handling / Fingering F (Frequently)
Reach Outward O (Occasionally)
Reach Above Shoulder O (Occasionally)
Push / Pull
13-25 lbs O (Occasionally)
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
Sense of Sound (Conversational)
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Safety glasses, ear plugs, safety shoes)
How To Apply:
Virginia Transformer Corp offers a competitive benefits package. If you seek a challenge and opportunity in a fast paced growing company please send resume and wage history to:
Virginia Transformer Corp
220 Glade View Drive NE
Roanoke, Virginia 24012
Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Females and Minorities are encouraged to Apply