This position is responsible for full facility maintenance and repair, as well as that of all manufacturing equipment, as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor/Leadperson. Should have an expert knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems. This position will work under the direction of a maintenance mechanic, leadperson or supervisor.
- Maintain a variety of equipment including, but not limited to:
- Welders (SNAW, tig, and mig)
- Perform all maintenance and repair of the office and manufacturing facility.
· Assist in the fabrication of prototype equipment and the revamping / updating of existing equipment as assigned.
· Contribute in the Spill Contingency Group.
· Contribute in the Lockout-Tagout Program.
· Contribute to the workorder system for completing assigned work.
· Satisfy all work performance requirements as determined by supervisor, as well as all attendance guidelines as established in the Employee Handbook.
· Maintain maintenance inventory as directed.
- Ability to diagnose malfunctioning equipment.
- Ability to read blueprints and wiring diagrams.
- Rotational on-call duty during non-duty hours to handle emergency situations in the plant.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years manufacturing experience.
- Able to work overtime if required.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Able to work various shifts.
· Must be able to work on elevated platforms and in confined spaces.
Georgia Transformer is committed to being a drug free workplace
and an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/V/D
How To Apply:
Virginia Transformer Corp offers a competitive benefits package. If you seek a challenge and opportunity in a fast paced growing company please send resume and wage history to:
Virginia Transformer Corp
Attn: Mudassar Mohsin, Human Resources
220 Glade View Drive NE
Roanoke, Virginia 24012
Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Females and Minorities are encouraged to Apply