Responsible for supporting the other roles in the Company by providing direction as it relates to benefits administration, safety, workers’ compensation, OSHA, employee relations, policies and procedures, and employment law. The Human Resources Manager shall be a catalyst to ensure the Company achieves its Mission, Vision and Values.
- Maintenance of accurate employee records
- In-depth understanding of employee benefits at this location
- In-depth understanding of and ability to interpret appropriate regulatory laws, statutes and guidelines such as FLSA, EEO regulations, ADA, FMLA, etc.
- Understanding and administration of worker’s compensation and communication with company’s insurance provider
- Understanding and enforcement of OSHA regulations and laws as well as compliance with any related proceedings
- Establish and monitor Company’s Safety Program
- Understanding and administration of Company Policies and Procedures
- Consistent and equal treatment of employees as it relates to work rules, performance, promotions, demotions, hiring, terminations, employee awards, employee recognition and compensation
- Consults with management on issues of employment law
- Represent Company in employment related proceedings and interaction with the surrounding community
- Promote and facilitate employee teams
- Coordinate the training and development programs for both hourly and salaried employees.
- Participate in labor negotiations, if applicable.
- Investigates and resolves employee complaints and union grievances (where applicable).
- Recruitment of hourly and salaried candidates for employment
- Involvement in special projects and teams as assigned
- Provides HR Director monthly reports
- Maintains Employee Handbook
- Coordinates new employee orientation
- Other duties as assigned.
1. Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
2. Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
3. Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
4. Communication - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken and written word.
5. Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
6. Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
7. Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
8. Self Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
Bachelor's Degree (four year college or university). PHR/SPHR preferred.
Three to seven years related experience
Amount of Travel Required: 10-15%
Positions Supervised: HR Generalist, Receptionist, EHS Coordinator, Manufacturing Training Specialist
SKILLS & ABILITIES
How To Apply:
Virginia Transformer Corp offers a competitive benefits package. If you seek a challenge and opportunity in a fast paced growing company please send resume and wage history to:
Virginia Transformer Corp
Attn: Mudassar Mohsin, Human Resources
220 Glade View Drive NE
Roanoke, Virginia 24012
Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Females and Minorities are encouraged to Apply