Virginia Transformer Corp.
Electrical Design Engineer
Department: Engineering Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt Reports To: Engineering Manager
Amount of Travel Required: 0-10% Positions Supervised: None
This position is responsible for making electrical design of transformer, utilizing and applying electrical design principals, research data, appropriate industry standards and proposed product specifications. He/She would analyze the data to determine feasibility of product proposal and confers with Sales, manufacturing and other engineering personnel to clarify or resolve problems. He/ she would also analyze VTC historical test data/ reports to determine if designs will meet functional and performance specifications and prepare design modifications as needed.
The Electrical Design Engineer is a position which requires previous design experience and the ability to perform independent design and packaging services based on previous experience and similar jobs already done. Some judgment is required in selecting design parameters. Occasionally complex job assignments could be made with specific directions and guidelines and such work will be closely supervised.
Essential Functions (included, but are not limited to):
· Be familiar with industry standards that govern the design and test of transformers.
· Make electrical advance material ordering (AO), design and detailed package for routine jobs where packages for such similar jobs are already available. The design and packages will be checked by another designer before AO and package release.
· Make complex transformer designs such as LTC and Auto transformer
· Check routine jobs of same complexity done by other designers for design and packaging accuracy.
· Review test data and sign test report for assigned job.
· Make sketches and nameplate drawings (CAD) as required for jobs and other drawings as directed by supervisor.
· Take turnkey responsibility for cost and performance of medium complexity jobs.
· Assist supervisor on small developmental projects.
· Satisfy all work performance requirements as determined by supervisor, as well as all attendance guidelines as established by the Employee Handbook.
· Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
1. Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
2. Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
3. Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
4. Communication - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken and written word.
5. Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
6. Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
7. Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
8. Self Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
· Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology plus 8-10 years’ experience in design, development or testing
· Relevant experience in transformer or other power-related products
Note: VTC management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties/specifications of this position at any time.
How To Apply:
Virginia Transformer Corp offers a competitive benefits package. If you seek a challenge and opportunity in a fast paced growing company please send resume and wage history to:
Virginia Transformer Corp
Attn: Mudassar Mohsin, Human Resources
220 Glade View Drive NE
Roanoke, Virginia 24012
Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Females and Minorities are encouraged to Apply