Virginia Transformer Corp
Department: Marketing Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt Reports To: TBD
Amount of Travel Required: 25%
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our Power Transformer manufacturing team focused on new product innovation and development he dynamic power & energy markets for our custom designed Large Power Transformer products. The Product Manager is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining Virginia Transformer Corp.’s product lifecycles and feature enhancements. Coordinates Customer technical seminars, white papers & magazine articles in our key Markets. Understands our competitive advantages & understanding the Voice of the Customer for New Products & Cost out opportunities.
This position works closely with members of the marketing department, sales, sales support, engineering/design and operations to ensure continuity in product offerings and company goals. Product Manager. The Product Manager is also responsible for adhering to and promoting the company values by performing duties in a manner that is consistent with being a team leader and supports the continued growth of the organization.
- Define product positioning, balancing features with pricing – be the product life cycle steward.
- Manage product development activity as project manager – setting the roadmap and coordinating cross discipline execution between marketing, engineering, production etc.
- Direct and perform all aspects of product development, product changes and product promotions, including development procedures, specifying components, packaging and header design, product positioning, pricing, catalog and sell sheet copy, training aides and point of purchase merchandisers.
- Manage and communicate sales information and product changes both internally and externally.
- Represent the sales & marketing department in group meetings.
- Regularly perform pricing and competitive analysis by customer channel and recommend strategies to improve market position, improve quality or reduce costs.
- Produce, maintain and update annual forecast.
- Develop and maintain product database with product specifications, artwork and catalog copy for dealer co-op advertising and catalogs programs.
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors to help facilitate the timely completion of projects.
- Communicate regularly and consistently to various stake holders on all order status.
- Other duties as assigned.
Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
Communication - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken and written word.
Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
Self Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial), MBA preferred.
- Seven to ten years of product development experience in a complex engineered/manufacturing product environment. Strong preference for experience in transformer or other power generation business.
- Thorough industry knowledge and in-depth understanding of customer service practices within the power/electrical equipment marketplace.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Project Management Desired
How To Apply:
Virginia Transformer Corp offers a competitive benefits package. If you seek a challenge and opportunity in a fast paced growing company please send resume and wage history to:
Virginia Transformer Corp
220 Glade View Drive NE
Roanoke, Virginia 24012
Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Females and Minorities are encouraged to Apply