See all jobs in roanoke VA
please send resume and wage history to:
Job Location: Roanoke, Virginia
Section Leader Junction Box Final Assembly
Title: Section Leader Junction Box Final Assembly
Status: Full Time
Salary: 45k – 50k DOE
Accountability: Reports to the Troutville Superintendent or Designee
Summary: This position is responsible for assisting the department supervisor in the effective utilization of all manpower, material, and equipment to produce a quality product in a timely manner to support the master schedule. This individual is responsible for the total scope of assigned jobs, or an assigned shift, including quality, timeliness of completion, the logistics of meeting the schedule, and the use of assigned manpower. When necessary the Group Leader works with the supervisor to obtain additional resources in order to complete the job in a quality manner on time. The Group Leader is not generally responsible for planning, scheduling, or personnel-related duties within the department, such as hire/fire or performance reviews. However, he or she may provide valuable input to the supervisor regarding these areas.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Direct the daily activities of the respective department on assigned jobs, to produce a quality product on time, as directed. Overall product responsibility may be assigned by a category of jobs.
- Preview and audit job blueprints and parts-lists to ensure availability and staging of parts , before work on the job begins. Plan the work; e.g. who is to do what and when, in order to complete the job on time.
- Help coordinate the necessary resources to resolve problems in a timely and cost© effective manner to maintain the work completion schedule.
- Ensure that all employees receive sufficient instructions and training to perform their jobs in a safe, efficient and quality manner, as assigned by the supervisor.
- Ensure that quality standards and procedures in the department are met and that associated problems are resolved in a timely manner.
- Perform production work as necessary and as part of the regular required duties.
- Advise the supervisor if the finish date will be delayed and the plan accordingly with the supervisor.
- Implement effective plans to reduce scrap and rework.
- Implement effective plans to improve the efficiency of the department.
- Provide input to the supervisor when asked regarding performance reviews and evaluations
- Satisfy all work performance requirements as determined by supervisor, as well as all attendance guidelines as established by the April 1991 Employee Handbook.
- Minimum 18 months relevant experience in heavy transformer mfg. environment or equivalent experience
- Proficient organizational, oral/written communications skills.
- Four (4) years relevant experience in heavy transformer mfg. environment or equivalent experience
- Thorough knowledge of respective VTC departmental operations.
- Exemplary work history with absence of any disciplinary warnings or actions incurred during the most recent 12 month period.
- Can and must be able to perform duties of a Final Assembly Junction Box and tests junction boxes and, control components and circuits to comply with VTC and industry standards and customers’ requirements; he/she inspects products before and after assembly for conformance with VTC’s internal design requirements and customers’ specifications, etc.
- Troubleshoot for problems in case of failure.
- Inspect product in-process and after assembly to determine quality. Inspection shall include Engineering drawings, outlines and designs, mechanical dimensions, electrical wiring, and overall appearance of product. Write NCR’s for non-conformance items. Follow-up NCR’s through rectification or obtain approval before final stamp for shipping. Maintain records of non-conformance. Correct those items which can be handled by test technicians.
- Accept responsibility for quality control stamps and affix stamps on product after inspection. Sign off the check sheets once the unit is tested.
- Be familiar with VTC’s and industry standards for testing VTC product.
- Operate and maintain all VTC test equipment. Maintain clean test area at all times.
- Observe all safety procedures while testing and require the same from others present in the test area such as customer inspections.
- Move product as required.
- Preparation of test folders/reports and submission for approval.
- Assure that measured data is appropriate by verifying the appropriateness of test procedures.
- Correct measured data for temperature and other environmental/set-up variables.
- Maintain neat and orderly work areas.
- Satisfy all performance requirements as determined by supervisor, as well as attendance guidelines as prescribed by the April 1991 Employee Handbook.
- Other duties as assigned by Superintendent , Supervisor and or Management designee.
Required: 1 year relevant experience in QC, electrical trouble-shooting testing, or electrician’s helper experience in medium voltage, and ability to work variable work schedules.
Preferred: 2-year engineering technology degree or equivalent and or Mfg. Experience.
Note: Virginia Transformer Corp. retains the right to change or modify the duties and requirements of this position at any time at the discretion of the Company.
How To Apply:
Virginia Transformer Corp offers a competitive benefits package. If you seek a challenge and opportunity in a fast paced growing company please send resume and wage history to:
Virginia Transformer Corp
220 Glade View Drive NE
Roanoke, Virginia 24012
Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Females and Minorities are encouraged to Apply