VIRGINIA TRANSFORMER CORP.
NATIONAL SHIPPING MANAGER
General description and Job duties:
Contract administration with shipping/ logistic companies as well as coordination with plants. Since each plant has a shipping supervisor, the local coordination will be done by them.
Major job responsibility will include:
- Formulate strategy for all heavy hauls- identifying carriers, preparing contracts, cost savings plans, reliable logistic.
- Contract administration
- Work with Engineering during quote and design process to optimize the dimension and weights for cost effective shipment.
- Get request for quotes & negotiate contracts for heavy hauls or oversized equipment.
- Work with selected vendors on providing price
- Maintain a matrix for cost of shipment- based on weights/ dimension/ shipping place etc. This chart could be in $$/miles or $$/ lbs of weight and have some factors to be applied in case of extra features
- Once project is on order with VTC/GTC and a tentative date for manufacturing is established, assign the shipping contract to the Selected third party.
- Ensure that we have a good contract for shipment and enforce the contract during shipment.
- Coordinate for shipment with respective plant Shipping personnel – including customer contacts, Trucking/Logistic company coordination/ PMO coordination etc.
- Making sure that any abnormal situation like delay/damage is communicated expeditiously to all stake holders.
- International shipping & freight – including but not limited to cost effective road, rail, air and ocean (i.e. barges/towboats)
7-10 years’ experience in moving/shipping transformers or other heavy/large capitol equipment
Develop and manage domestic and international heavy haul vendor relationships.
Accountability: Vice-President of Materials.
Bachelor’s degree in supply chain or logistics preferred.
Background in cost reduction and process improvement, heavy haul experience with multiple modalities on a national and international level.
Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in transportation and logistics.
MBA or MS degree in supply chain or logistics.
v Salary Range: 70-100 K
Note: VTC management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties/specifications of this position at any time.
How to Apply: Email - THIS EMAIL
How To Apply:
Virginia Transformer Corp offers a competitive benefits package. If you seek a challenge and opportunity in a fast paced growing company please send resume and wage history to:
Virginia Transformer Corp
Attn: Mudassar Mohsin, Human Resources
220 Glade View Drive NE
Roanoke, Virginia 24012
Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Females and Minorities are encouraged to Apply