Virginia Transformer Corp
Department: Materials Job Status: Full Time
FSLA Status: Exempt Reports To: Materials Manager
Amount of Travel Required: 0 Positions Supervised: None
This position purchases materials, equipment, supplies and services of a specialized or complex nature in accordance with prescribed purchasing regulations and procedures. Reviews and analyzes purchase requisitions, investigates and develops sources of supplies, prepares bid specifications, issues bid requests and reviews quotations. This person will interprets purchasing procedures to departments and vendors, as a specialist in assigned material categories, which require a degree of technical knowledge. This position requires the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Source and qualify suppliers according to quality, price, and delivery specifications. Obtain quotes and proposals for material and services required for production. Expedite orders and track late deliveries.
- Analyze quotations and make recommendations to manager for material changes.
- Research, develop and implement best practice techniques to measure and drive supply chain improvements to delivery, price, quality, responsiveness, and inventory turns performance.
- Inform management of any changes in economic situation to insure cost effectiveness of materials.
- Interprets and communicates purchasing procedures to departments; assists departments in initiating requisitions and orders, and solves problems with orders.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date vendor history files.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use critical thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others, using the spoken and written word.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conducts conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Self Motivated – Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
Bachelor's degree in related field AND one year of buying experience; OR, Five years of buying experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Knowledge of purchasing practices and procedures
Knowledge of materials, products, and the commodity market in area of specialization
Skill in preparing and analyzing complex technical specifications and bids
Skill in both verbal and written communication
Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
Physical Abilities Lift/Carry
Stand F(Frequently) 11-20 O (Occasionally)
Hand Dexterity F (Frequently)
Reach Outward O (Occasionally)
Reach Above Shoulder O (Occasionally)
13-25 lbs O (Occasionally)
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
Sense of Sound (Conversational)
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Safety glasses, ear plugs, safety shoes)
How To Apply:
Virginia Transformer Corp offers a competitive benefits package. If you seek a challenge and opportunity in a fast paced growing company please send resume and wage history to:
Virginia Transformer Corp
220 Glade View Drive NE
Roanoke, Virginia 24012
Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Females and Minorities are encouraged to Apply