Department: Operations Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt Reports To: VP of Operations/GM
Amount of Travel Required: 10-15% Compensation: $120000-130000 USD.
Location: POCATELLO, ID
Virginia Transformer is a leading engineering organization manufacturing transformers. The transformer designs are highly technologic to serve the electricity grid of North America including renewable energy generation. The company seeks a professional capable of developing plans and strategies to achieve revenue and cost goals of the plant and executing the action plan through actively managing Men, Material, Machines, Methods & Measures. Need to pull material, drawings and maintenance and manage the technical team to meet the financial goals. Demonstrated effective communications skills including written, verbal and presentation abilities. Provide effective leadership for all operational areas, providing direction, accountability and coaching to subordinates.
The Plant Manager must have background in capital/heavy equipment manufacturing, process design and control and productivity of personnel, with an entrepreneurial desire and passion to help lead our future growth and success. He/she will work with all internal and external functions and disciplines to deliver results. This plant is an Airconditioned plant, largest transformer plant in all Americas with highest technology and great training programs. The Plant Manager after 3 months training will have full plant responsibilities for this facility, including:
· Production, Maintenance, Administration, Materials, Engineering, Shipping
· Safety and Morale
· LEAN manufacturing
· Process assurance, Improvement
· Cost Reduction
· Company Policy Enforcement
· Capital Projects, deliver ROI
· Supervisory Development and Resource Management to deliver results
1. Direct and coordinate planning, production, processing, and shipping activities of the plant for compete satisfaction of the customer.
2. Develop budgets and approve expenditures for supplies, materials, and human resources, ensuring that materials, labor and equipment are used efficiently and effectively to meet production targets within budget.
3. Review processing schedules and production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, and duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
4. Review operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve production or processing problems.
5. Hire, train, evaluate, and discharge staff, and resolve personnel issues.
6. Set and monitor product standards, examining samples of raw products or directing testing during processing, to ensure finished products are of prescribed quality.
7. Develop and implement production tracking and quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance, and other operational reports, to detect production problems.
8. Coordinate procedures for facility and equipment maintenance or modification, including the replacement of machines.
9. Management of projects, initiatives for continues improvement. Initiate Capital expenditures with justification to meet plant operation/ improvement needs.
Position Specifications & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Twenty (20) years in Capital or Heavy equipment manufacturing, preferably custom designed/manufactured equipment.
- Understanding of industrial manufacturing processes and 6-sigma.
- Organized – planning and apply time management
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Strong work ethic, put in what it takes, and support the working team at all times
- Self-Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
Note: VTC management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties/specifications of this position at any time.
Virginia Transformer offers a competitive benefits package. If you seek a challenge and opportunity in a fast-paced growing company, please send resume and wage history to: e-mail: THIS EMAIL
How To Apply:
Virginia Transformer Corp offers a competitive benefits package. If you seek a challenge and opportunity in a fast paced growing company please send resume and wage history to:
Virginia Transformer Corp
Attn: Mudassar Mohsin, Human Resources
220 Glade View Drive NE
Roanoke, Virginia 24012
Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Females and Minorities are encouraged to Apply