Summary: This position is responsible for the cost accounting processes of the company, to include month-end journal entries, maintenance of standard costs, inventory reconciliation, and production of periodic financial reports.
This position reports directly to Corporate Controller.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Job order costing, analysis of variances, analysis of job profitability, monitoring materials issuance to jobs, closing jobs in timely manner.
- Prepare month-end journal entries in compliance with critical reporting deadlines.
- Assist with the monthly close process.
- Reconcile inventory in general ledger against the inventory, work in process, and finished goods reports.
- Monitor and approve cycle counts. Prepare write offs for corporate approval.
- Compile manufacturing cost reports. Compile variance reports
- Maintain raw material standard cost in ERP system and review inventory transactions for accuracy.
- Monitor new parts process and assign general ledger numbers and costing
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Five (5) years’ experience in accounting for manufacturing, including cost accounting experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Analytical Skills, Problem solving.
- Able to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Strong Excel skills, including working with large amounts of data using pivot tables, vlookup, sumif, and ifthen. Macros is a plus but not required.
C.P.A. designation or post-graduate study toward CPA or MBA
How To Apply:
Virginia Transformer Corp offers a competitive benefits package. If you seek a challenge and opportunity in a fast paced growing company please send resume and wage history to:
Virginia Transformer Corp
220 Glade View Drive NE
Roanoke, Virginia 24012
Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Females and Minorities are encouraged to Apply