Georgia Transformer Corp
Technical Supervisor or Manager – JOB # 1122
Department:Operations Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Travel Required: limited, per business needs
The Technical Manager is a senior professional who provides strategic, operational, technical and thorough leadership to support the company’s mission and core values. The Manager works collaboratively with the site Leadership team at Georgia Transformer Corporation to develop and implement innovative manufacturing solutions and to ensure compliance to the quality management system. Position reports to the Operations Management and is an integral member of the GTC leadership team.
a. Department Scheduling/workforce planning:
b. Oversight of workforce Training:
c. Customer Interface (where applicable i.e. unit inspection, customer visits):
d. Preventive Maintenance i.e. Machine:
e. Department professional presentation:
f. Materials planning for the perspective area/s
- Failure Reduction (Take part in Failure Analysis and Shop Instructions to Correct)
- Plan & execute manufacturing of required units per week with the process Innovations/flow/automation etc.
- Manufacturing Engineering Assurance: order review, no stoppage in production,
i. To proactively review plan for the units being scheduled for manufacturing.
ii. Engineering/design review (where applicable):
a. Review with the technician/operator the specific precautions and measures to be taken; Including SOP’s, tooling, and Dos & Don’ts
b. Additional inspection criterion or hold points
c. Process Engineer involvement
2. Review for errors and items that are not clear.
3. Plan for the job with respect to similar job built in past- problems faced on those units and how those are being prevented on this unit- example could be a weld joint design on tank resulting in leakages etc.
c. Monthly/Weekly Reports:
- Process Assurance: Reduce Cycle Time
a. Process Improvements/Involvement:
4. Efficiency Improvements:
b. Quality Improvements: Including reducing the damage to materials
1. Jigs and fixtures
2. Handling Equipment
c. Engineering support within Manufacturing
ii. Trouble Shooting and resolving of technical issues
iii. Interface/support for Development Group
d. Process Capability studies and determining process capability- example- process capability of oil processing – for deciding what should be our range for DGA?
e. Monthly Report
- Projects and all other duties or reassignment as deemed necessary by the supervisor
- Report to management regarding periodic progress against the schedule, and periodic test process and efficiency data.
- Effectively coordinate the necessary resources to resolve problems in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Provide frequent updates to employees regarding their performance, including timely and objectively written performance reviews and routine feedback to encourage good performance.
- Actively participate in the selection of new employees.
- Ensure that all employees receive sufficient training to perform their jobs in a safe, efficient and quality manner. This includes conducting monthly focus meetings and other tools to provide for adequate two-way communication with employees regarding safety, productivity concerns, etc.
- Adequately provide for the safety of all employees in the department. This includes, but is not limited to, providing safety training regarding all potential hazards, the elimination of hazards where possible, the monitoring of work conditions for safety hazards, and ensuring the work area is kept orderly and secured at all times against unauthorized access.
- Maintain accurate attendance records. Review time cards for accuracy
- Safeguard the assets of the Company by ensuring that the equipment is properly used and maintained, and that material is handled and stored in a manner which will prevent its damage.
- Inspect and document the service quality with respect to work performed in his/her work areas.
- Administer/enforce established Company personnel policies.
- Perform test services work as part of the regular required duties.
- Satisfy all work performance requirements as determined by supervisor, as well as all attendance guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor (GTC management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties/specifications of this position at any time)..
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken and written word.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Self Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative
Bachelor's Degree in a technical field or equivalent ideally finishing/finished in top quartile.
- Eight (8) to Fifteen (15) years’ experience, ideally in heavy duty industrial products.
- Possess strong leadership abilities, demonstrated in a growing organization.
- Hands on manager, comfortable spending time on the shop floor to resolve production/ quality issues.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Capable of identifying and resolving day-to-day business issues.
- Excellent communication skills; written, verbal and presentation.
- Excellent organizational skills; documentation.
- Knowledge of international quality system standards.
- Master’s Degree –Engineering or MBA.
- Electrical transmission or electrical transformer industry experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES
MS Office Suite
Physical Abilities Lift /Carry
Stand F (Frequently) 11-20 lbs O (Occasionally)
Walk F (Frequently)
Sit F (Frequently)
Handling / Fingering F (Frequently)
Reach Outward O (Occasionally)
Reach Above Shoulder O (Occasionally)
Push / Pull
13-25 lbs O (Occasionally)
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
Sense of Sound (Conversational)
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Safety glasses, ear plugs, safety shoes)
Shop & Office
Compensation: For those who pride themselves in their work and desire to be part of a growing dynamic company the salary will be commensurate to position and qualification ranging $75000/yr. to $120,000+/yr.
By sending your resume to email below
NOTE:Don’t forget to mention job # is subject line when applying.
Georgia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply
How To Apply:
Virginia Transformer Corp offers a competitive benefits package. If you seek a challenge and opportunity in a fast paced growing company please send resume and wage history to:
Virginia Transformer Corp
220 Glade View Drive NE
Roanoke, Virginia 24012
Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Females and Minorities are encouraged to Apply