Virginia Transformer Corp
Department: Operations Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt Reports To: Manufacturing Manager
Amount of Travel Required: Negligible Positions Supervised: Hourly labor
Responsible for insuring the production plan and manufacturing goals are carried out for assigned department using all personnel, materials and equipment to produce a quality product, built and shipped on time.
- Hold regular departmental meetings to communicate schedules, company/departmental news, and discuss issues/resolutions.
- Allocate personnel as necessary in order to meet production needs most efficiently.
- Insure that all reviews are completed on a timely basis.
- Insure that all SHAPE increases are warranted and that skills have been acquired prior to increase given.
- Insure personnel within department are cross-trained so absences, vacation, etc. will create minimum disruption.
- Adequately provide for the safety of all employees in the department, including providing safety training, eliminating hazards, monitoring work conditions, ensuring good housekeeping, and maintaining security against unauthorized access.
- Maintain safety-related paperwork and complete required reports
- Manage employee attendance and maintain records.
- Use good management practices to retain personnel
- Insure ISO policies and procedures are maintained and adhered to. Maintain rework report and corrective actions taken to eliminate root cause.
- Production ratios must be monitored and continuous improvements sought.
- Using the master/departmental schedule, plan for materials, drawings, etc. to insure RTS meets highest levels. The master schedule should be broken down by Supervision and a departmental schedule developed and communicated. The departmental schedule should show, by unit, the RTS to the next internal customer based on the master schedules date for the next process to start.
- Manage departmental overtime according to policy.
- Insure department enforces policies consistently and fairly.
- Perform one continuous improvement study every two months. This study should outline the problem; persons selected from department to do study; root cause; and corrective actions put in place and/or recommended upon completion of study. (Identify cost to fix problem and cost savings per fix).
- Develop and maintain a procedure for tracking budget/expenditures within department.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
1. Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
2. Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
3. Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
4. Communication - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken and written word.
5. Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conducts conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
6. Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
7. Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
8. Self Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
Two-year degree in Technical or Business discipline. Experience may be substituted for Degree.
· Welding supervisory experience is preferred
· 7-10 years manufacturing experience. Prefer supervisory/management experience.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Physical Abilities Lift /Carry
Stand F (Frequently) 51-100 lbs O (Occasionally)
Walk F (Frequently)
Sit F (Frequently)
Handling / Fingering O (Occasionally)
Reach Outward O (Occasionally)
Reach Above Shoulder O (Occasionally)
Climb O (Occasionally)
Squat or Kneel O (Occasionally)
Bend O (Occasionally)
Push / Pull
41-100 lbs O (Occasionally)
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
Sense of Sound (Conversational)
Sense of Touch
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Safety glasses, ear plugs, safety shoes)
Office and plant environment where one may be exposed to loud noise, temperature extremes, dust, welding and paint fumes.
How To Apply:
Virginia Transformer Corp offers a competitive benefits package. If you seek a challenge and opportunity in a fast paced growing company please send resume and wage history to:
Virginia Transformer Corp
220 Glade View Drive NE
Roanoke, Virginia 24012
Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Females and Minorities are encouraged to Apply