Virginia Transformer Corp
Field Service Technician
Department: Operations Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Reports To: FS Manager
Amount of Travel Required: 50-90% (including international)
Positions Supervised: None
This position is responsible for assuring that all on-site problems or questions regarding customer owned VTC products are addressed and resolved. Responsibilities include: Performance of on-site field services (Installations, inspections, testing, training, maintenance, repair, refurbishing, retrofit, upgrades, etc.): Addressing and resolving customer inquires and complaints; Documenting service activities; coordinating the initiation, provision, and resolution of customer services by utilizing both commercial and in-house technical resources.
1. Become fully familiar with VTC products and services, and the industry standards.
2. Become proficient in the operation and maintenance of all equipment and tools necessary for conducting on-site maintenance, testing, and repairs of VTC transformers. Equipment and tools may include: oil-filtration plant, ratio meter, pressure vacuum cart, insulation tester, oil dielectric tester, other specialized equipment, general hand tools and power tools.
3. Be prepared to travel to customer sites with as little as four (4) hours notice.
4. Respond professionally and in a timely fashion to customer communication dealing with commercial or technical inquires or complaints.
5. Thoroughly document all correspondence with the customer.
6. Thoroughly document all commercial services provided to the customer at VTC’s request.
7. Thoroughly document all Field Service Trips performed.
8. Write and distribute appropriate trip reports.
9. Execute assigned projects using VTC safety procedures at all times.
10. Interface with other VTC departments to assure efficient and timely service performance, and actively promote the advancement of quality and reliability.
11. Inspect product quality in-process so as to anticipate field problems and implement corrective actions accordingly.
12. Enter Field Service parts orders, coordinate shipments, and confirm deliveries.
13. Prepare detailed work instructions.
14. Assume compliance with quality standards, and initiate and track implementation of corrective actions.
15. Satisfy all work performance and attendance requirements.
16. Other duties as assigned.
1. Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
2. Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
3. Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
4. Communication - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken and written word.
5. Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
6. Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
7. Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
8. Self Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
High School diploma or GED
2 years direct transformer experience (or equivalent)
2 years Field Service experience (or equivalent)
Ability to work independently
Good math, measurement, and analytical skills
Valid driving license, good driving record, and ability to drive company owned vehicles on service calls as required.
Valid (or eligible for) Passport.
Prefer VTC Assembly experience, Previous Field Service Experience, and Technical education/experience.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Physical Abilities Lift /Carry
Stand F (Frequently) 80-100 lbs O (Occasionally)
Walk F (Frequently)
Sit F (Frequently)
Handling / Fingering F (Frequently)
Reach Outward O (Occasionally)
Reach Above Shoulder O (Occasionally)
Climbing O (Occasionally)
Bend O (Occasionally)
Push / Pull
41-100 lbs O (Occasionally)
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
Sense of Sound (Conversational)
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Safety glasses, ear plugs, safety shoes)
WORK ENVIRONMENT Outdoors where employee may be exposed to weather extremes
How To Apply:
Virginia Transformer Corp offers a competitive benefits package. If you seek a challenge and opportunity in a fast paced growing company please send resume and wage history to:
Virginia Transformer Corp
220 Glade View Drive NE
Roanoke, Virginia 24012
Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Females and Minorities are encouraged to Apply