CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT ENGINEER
Summary : This position will plan, direct, and continually improve Lean Manufacturing initiatives. Drive the implementation of Lean fundamental competencies (Value Stream Maps, Visual Performance Metrics, 5S, Kaizen, Work Standardization, Gemba Engagement) & transformational competencies (workplace design, inventory controls, capacity flexibility, e.g.) in order to continually improve performance in quality, cost, delivery, morale, & safety. Communicate and work with all CWS sites to ensure alignment with initiatives, promote best practice proliferation, and ensure inter-plant consistency of systems and procedures. Develop and implement systems, procedures, and projects required to successfully accomplish plant, CWS nation, and corporate goals/objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Drive continuous improvement, Kaizen, and problem-solving activities using Lean Manufacturing tools and processes.
· Increase efficiency by reducing / eliminating waste.
· Utilize Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools to identify and assist in implementing business improvements.
· Standardize production system tools and methods.
· Implement efficient and reliable Lean Manufacturing processes to improve movement / delivery of materials and increase productivity and quality
· Develop training material and assists in delivery of training sessions to all levels of the organization.
· Continuously drive culture change and acceptance of Lean Manufacturing principles.
· Manage and support Kaizen workshop activities and events
· Facilitate implementation plans with management based on an agreed priority list
· Frequently follow up with management to ensure timely and effective implementation and sustainability using the PDCA format.
· Collaborates with Operations Management to improve processes, evaluate, and take action regarding day-to-day material, logistic, and build issues impacting the production lines.
· Able to empower a team of people to achieve agreed upon outcomes.
· Utilize and understand APQP in managing projects with multi-functional teams.
· Develop and update PFMEAs, Process Flow Charts and Value Stream Maps
· Perform project management activities around the functions noted above.
· Power Transformers (preferably high voltage & engineered to order)
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Master’s degree / MBA preferred)
· Minimum of 2-3 years related experience with Lean implementation in assembly
· Experience in building materials industry.
· Window Manufacturing (preferably high volume/high speed ETO)
· Electro-Mechanical background
· Mechanical assembly and line manufacturing one-piece flow.
· Hydraulic & pneumatic devices and controls.
· Proficiency with Solid-Works or experience with other AutoCAD software.
· A demonstrated understanding of Lean Principles such as Value Stream Mapping, Just-in-Time, Demand Flow, Single Piece Flow, Five S’s, Visual Management, Total Productive Maintenance, Continuous Improvement Process, Kaizen, SPC, Six Sigma, SMED, and TS 16949.
· Six Sigma Black Belt Certification preferred or desire to attain within 2 years
Competent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and MS-Project
· Excellent communication skills both written & verbal.
· Demonstrated ability to engage cross-functional teams with effective facilitation skills.
· Works with integrity, displaying high degree of tact and diplomacy.
Sense of urgency with a bias for results orientation.
How To Apply:
Virginia Transformer Corp offers a competitive benefits package. If you seek a challenge and opportunity in a fast paced growing company please send resume and wage history to:
Virginia Transformer Corp
220 Glade View Drive NE
Roanoke, Virginia 24012
Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Females and Minorities are encouraged to Apply