Reports to : Plant Manager or Designee
Travel Requirements : As needed
This position will plan, direct, and continually improve Lean Manufacturing initiatives for GTC. Drive the implementation of Lean fundamental competencies (Value Stream Maps, Visual Performance Metrics, 5S, Kaizen, Work Standardization, Gemba Engagement) & transformational competencies (workplace design, inventory controls, capacity flexibility, e.g.) in order to continually improve performance in quality, cost, delivery, morale, & safety. Communicate and work with all CWS sites to ensure alignment with initiatives, promote best practice proliferation, and ensure inter-plant consistency of systems and procedures. Develop and implement systems, procedures, and projects required to successfully accomplish plant, CWS nation, and corporate goals/objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive continuous improvement, Kaizen, and problem-solving activities using Lean Manufacturing tools and processes
- Increase efficiency by reducing / eliminating waste.
- Utilize Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools to identify and assist in implementing business improvements.
- Standardize production system tools and methods.
- Implement efficient and reliable Lean Manufacturing processes to improve movement / delivery of materials and increase productivity and quality
- Develop training material and assists in delivery of training sessions to all levels of the organization.
- Continuously drive culture change and acceptance of Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Manage and support Kaizen workshop activities and events
- Facilitate implementation plans with management based on an agreed priority list
- Frequently follow up with management to ensure timely and effective implementation and sustainability using the PDCA format.
- Collaborates with Operations Management to improve processes, evaluate, and take action regarding day-to-day material, logistic, and build issues impacting the production lines.
- Able to empower a team of people to achieve agreed upon outcomes.
- Utilize and understand APQP in managing projects with multi-functional teams.
- Develop and update PFMEAs, Process Flow Charts and Value Stream Maps
- Perform project management activities around the functions noted above.
- Power Transformers (preferably high voltage & engineered to order)
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Master’s degree / MBA preferred)
- Minimum of 5-7 years related experience with Lean implementation in assembly environments.
- Experience in building materials industry.
- Window Manufacturing (preferably high volume/high speed ETO)
- Electro-Mechanical background
- Mechanical assembly and line manufacturing one-piece flow.
- Hydraulic & pneumatic devices and controls.
- Proficiency with Solid-Works or experience with other AutoCAD software.
- A demonstrated understanding of Lean Principles such as Value Stream Mapping, Just-in-Time, Demand Flow, Single Piece Flow, Five S’s, Visual Management, Total Productive Maintenance, Continuous Improvement Process, Kaizen, SPC, Six Sigma, SMED, and TS 16949.
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification preferred or desire to attain within 2 years.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and MS-Project
- Excellent communication skills both written & verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to engage cross-functional teams with effective facilitation skills.
- Works with integrity, displaying high degree of tact and diplomacy.
- Sense of urgency with a bias for results orientation.
How To Apply:
Virginia Transformer Corp offers a competitive benefits package. If you seek a challenge and opportunity in a fast paced growing company please send resume and wage history to:
Virginia Transformer Corp
220 Glade View Drive NE
Roanoke, Virginia 24012
Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Females and Minorities are encouraged to Apply