3770 Poleline Road
Pocatello, ID 83201
Department: Engineering Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt Reports to: Engineering Manager
Amount of Travel Required: 0-10 Positions Supervised: None
This position is responsible for the development of electrical designs for company products, using and applying electrical design principles, research data, appropriate industry standards and proposed product specifications.
- Review customer’s technical specification
- Prepare costing, price level and commercial terms
- Oversee/contribute to design/development quote
- Review/approve/modify cost estimates
- Satisfy all work performance and attendance requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
1. Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
2. Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
3. Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
4. Communication - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken and written word.
5. Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
6. Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
7. Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
8. Self Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Technology, mathematics, or physics, or four to six years designing experience, or equivalent combination of technician experience plus formal instruction.
Relevant experience in transformer or other power-related products preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
MS Office, CAD or similar design software.
Physical Abilities Lift /Carry
Stand F (Frequently) 11-20 lbs O (Occasionally)
Walk F (Frequently)
Sit C (Constantly)
Handling / Fingering F (Frequently)
Reach Outward O (Occasionally)
Reach Above Shoulder O (Occasionally)
Push / Pull
13-25 lbs O (Occasionally)
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
Sense of Sound (Conversational)
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Safety glasses, ear plugs, safety shoes)
How To Apply:
Virginia Transformer Corp offers a competitive benefits package. If you seek a challenge and opportunity in a fast paced growing company please send resume and wage history to:
Virginia Transformer Corp
220 Glade View Drive NE
Roanoke, Virginia 24012
Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Females and Minorities are encouraged to Apply