2789 Highway 21 South
Rincon GA 31326
Department: Engineering Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt Reports To: Engineering Manager
Amount of Travel Required: 0-10 Positions Supervised: None
Develop transformer controls designs, using and applying mechanical design principles, research data, appropriate industry standards, and proposed product specifications.
- Familiar with industry standards governing the design and manufacture of various types of transformers and switchgear.
- Ability to understand functioning of control devices and logic.
- Provide technical support to shop staff or customers.
- Confer with sales, manufacturing, and other engineering personnel to clarify information or resolve problems.
- Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks. Produce accurate detailed design drawings and outlines of standard oil and dry type designs.
- Use existing drawings and masters to complete more routine design details. Select between previously accepted design details where possible to complete assignments. May modify approved design concepts where required to complete work
- Select suitable instruments and gauges.
- Generate Bills of Material (BOM) for all material and accessories needed in a design package, except core and coil conductor.
- Generate material purchase requests as required for material that is not stocked or advance-ordered.
- Complete design activities in accordance with schedule requirements as assigned by the supervisor
- Satisfy all work performance and attendance requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
1. Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
2. Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
3. Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
4. Communication - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken and written word.
5. Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
6. Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
7. Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
8. Self Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Technology, mathematics, or physics, or four to six years designing experience, or equivalent combination of technician experience plus formal instruction.
Practical knowledge of design techniques with some design experience. Relevant experience in transformer or other power-related products preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
MS Office, CAD or similar design software.
Physical Abilities Lift /Carry
Stand F (Frequently) 11-20 lbs O (Occasionally)
Walk F (Frequently)
Sit C (Constantly)
Handling / Fingering F (Frequently)
Reach Outward O (Occasionally)
Reach Above Shoulder O (Occasionally)
Push / Pull
13-25 lbs O (Occasionally)
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
Sense of Sound (Conversational)
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Safety glasses, ear plugs, safety shoes)
How To Apply:
Virginia Transformer Corp offers a competitive benefits package. If you seek a challenge and opportunity in a fast paced growing company please send resume and wage history to:
Virginia Transformer Corp
220 Glade View Drive NE
Roanoke, Virginia 24012
Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Females and Minorities are encouraged to Apply