2789 Highway 21 South
Rincon GA 31326
Department: Engineering Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt Reports To: Electrical Engineering Supervisor
Amount of Travel Required: 0-10 Positions Supervised: None
This position is responsible for the development of electrical designs for company products, using and applying electrical design principles, research data, appropriate industry standards and proposed product specifications.
- Familiar with industry standards that govern the design and test of transformers.
- Run quotation designs for sales departments. These designs may be reviewed by an experienced designer/supervisor before going to sales.
- Analyze data to determine feasibility of product proposal and confer with sales, manufacturing, and other engineering personnel to clarify or resolve problems
- Accurately complete routine jobs with little or no supervision.
- Take charge of electrical advance material ordering (AO), design and packaging for routine jobs where packages for such similar jobs are already available. The design and packages will be checked by another designer before AO and package release.
- Make sketches and nameplate drawings (CAD) as required for jobs and other drawings as directed by supervisor.
- Make complex transformer designs such as LTC and Auto with direction from a senior designer/chief engineer/supervisor.
- Analyze historical test data/reports to determine if designs will meet functional and performance specifications and prepares design modifications as needed.
- Ability to perform independent design and packaging services based on previous experience and similar jobs already done.
- Take turnkey responsibility for cost and performance of medium complexity jobs
- Check routine jobs of same complexity done by design assistants or other designers for design and packaging accuracy.
- Review test data and sign test report for assigned job
- Exercise judgment in selecting design parameters.
- Assist supervisor on small developmental projects.
- Satisfy all work performance and attendance requirements.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
1. Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
2. Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
3. Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
4. Communication - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken and written word.
5. Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
6. Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
7. Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
8. Self Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
Bachelor’s degree in Elecrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology, or Associate’s degree in Engineering Technology, plus five years equivalent experience in design, drafting, or testing.
Relevant experience in transformer or other power-related products preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
MS Office, engineering design software.
Physical Abilities Lift /Carry
Stand F (Frequently) 11-20 lbs O (Occasionally)
Walk F (Frequently)
Sit C (Constantly)
Handling / Fingering F (Frequently)
Reach Outward O (Occasionally)
Reach Above Shoulder O (Occasionally)
Push / Pull
13-25 lbs O (Occasionally)
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
Sense of Sound (Conversational)
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Safety glasses, ear plugs, safety shoes)
How To Apply:
Virginia Transformer Corp offers a competitive benefits package. If you seek a challenge and opportunity in a fast paced growing company please send resume and wage history to:
Virginia Transformer Corp
220 Glade View Drive NE
Roanoke, Virginia 24012
Virginia Transformer Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Females and Minorities are encouraged to Apply