See all jobs in wichita KS
Job Location: Andover, Kansas
Summary of Position:
Responsible for processing purchase orders and supply requisitions. Communicates with suppliers and freight forwarders, solves inventory issues. Responsible for maintaining and updating our forwarders order management system. Monitors the status of shipments and proactively communicates any concerns to management. Completes reports and documentation in an accurate, timely manner.
Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of purchase orders (PO’s) and supply requisitions.
- Issues purchase orders in the ERP system for all non-inventory items such as supplies, pallets, lab equipment and product testing.
- Issues purchase orders in ERP system for all Finished Goods (Domestic Imports), tracks orders, confirms lead times and ship dates with the supplier, revises purchase orders in a timely manner and notifies management of any potential delays.
- Organizes and manages spare parts orders and carton requirements for buybacks/rework.
- Issues purchase orders in ERP system for PDP6 samples and Tooling for all finished goods (domestic imports).
- Updates all inventory tracking systems accurately and in a timely manner.
- Communicates with suppliers, factories, freight forwarders and coworkers in a professional manner.
- Resolves requests, questions and issues promptly.
- Provides reports and documentation as required.
Responsible for accurate and timely processing of documentation and invoices, system updates, communications and record keeping.
- Maintains the active spare parts list for finished goods in the ERP system.
- Maintains the current lead times for each factory and supplier.
- Matches packing slips to invoices, processes receipts for non-inventory items in the ERP system and provides a copy to Finance for payment.
- Scans inventory invoices to Finance for payment and attaches a copy to the PO in the ERP system.
- Sorts and distributes ocean documents to Finance for payment and maintains original copies for the import record.
- Scans direct shipment invoices, attaches to the PO and records the production serial numbers in the ERP system.
Responsible for managing our freight forwarders OM booking system.
- Uploads EDI file for each PO to the forwarders OM system accurately and in a timely manner.
- Uploads all PO revisions to the forwarders OM system accurately and in a timely manner
- Must be able to trouble shoot and correct upload errors in a timely manner.
Responsible for managing spare parts.
- Monitors the minimum and maximum inventory of spare parts for Consumer Service. Processes purchase orders as required.
- Works with Product Marketing and QA to identify the appropriate packing and assembly requirements for each spare part and effectively communicates the requirement to the supplier.
- Notifies the factory of spare parts demand, provides drawings and photos as needed and follows up to ensure our requirements are met.
- Reviews factory self-inspection reports for spare parts, verifies accuracy, communicates approvals and/or non-conformance issues to the supplier.
- Works with QA and the supplier to solve inventory or non-compliance issues.
- Keeps management informed of any delays or shortages.
Manages and maintains item cost updates for all finished goods (domestic imports).
Manages and maintains Landed Costs for all finished goods (domestic imports).
Responsible for related duties as required or assigned.
- Establishes and maintains effective professional business relationships with suppliers, factories and coworkers.
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Attends professional meetings and seminars as needed.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Some college preferred.
- Minimum of two years of purchasing or supply chain experience.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Knowledge of the purchasing function as it relates to a manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of the flow of information through an ERP system.
- Knowledge of the requirements for issuing domestic and internal purchase orders.
- Understanding of freight invoices, packing lists and bills of lading.
- Well organized with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to problem solve and work within deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment.
- Ability to use PC, calculator, and other basic office equipment.
- Ability to proficiently operate computer applications including:
- Microsoft Office Suite
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit resumes to:
Vornado Air, LLC
415 East 13th Street
Andover, KS 67002