Date Posted: August 31, 2017
- Full Time Hourly
- 1st Shift 6am 2pm (Monday Friday)
- 2nd Shift 2pm 10pm (Monday Friday)
- Starting pay: $11 per hour, with room for advancement
- Shift premium for 2nd Shift
The Packer is responsible for the packing and testing of the pouches to meet production schedules and maintain compliance to company and customer quality standards.
- Inspect finished product according to pouch quality specifications and package product as specified by customer. Packer is responsible to review P.O. cover sheet.
- Inspect and pack pouches on retort and SG operations.
- Run and maintain Inno-lok machines while inspecting and packaging finished product.
- Label packaged product and palletize product
- Prepare new cartons as needed for job run
- Monitor the quality of the product being converted to ensure compliance to company and customer quality specifications
- Alert Machine Operator and Quality Control of any suspected material non-conformances
- Accurately complete all required paperwork, reports and quality records associated with pouch operations
- Communicate with the next shift on special instructions
- Participate with peers and supervisors in addressing problem areas and operating procedures
- Always maintain a clean and safe work area at all times
- Compliance with all company Quality Systems, Operational and Human Resource policies, procedures, and practices, including safety and housekeeping procedures
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- One (1) year of working experience in a manufacturing setting preferred
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in written communications to meet training, safety and quality requirements
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in common units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to read and interpret a tape measure
Physical Factors/Work Environment:
- Employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear
- Employee is required to sit, bend, stoop, twist, use hands and fingers, handle and feel objects and tools and balance
- Employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Employee is required to use close vision and distance vision with the ability to focus
- Employee is regularly in a manufacturing setting with varying degrees of background noise
How to Apply:
Valley Packaging Supply Co. Inc.
3181 Commodity Ln
Green Bay, WI 54304