Job Posting:Marketing Communications Specialist
Employment Type:Full Time
Location:Washington Regional Medical Center - Fayetteville, AR
Shift:Monday - Friday Days
Works within Marketing Department to promote hospital service lines, clinics, providers, and special events. Supports all marketing, advertising, communication, and public relations efforts, while creating a positive and consistent brand image.
- Assess internal client needs, recommend marketing and/or communications solutions, and implement/execute recommended solutions
- Write and/or edit content for internal and external distribution; such content might be used for collateral, advertising, website, social media, letters, reports, internal communication, newsletters, press releases, interviews, media correspondence, etc.
- Coordinate design of print/digital promotion and implementation of communications tactics with appropriate team members and vendors; distribute completed work through internal and/or external channels, as appropriate
- Build long-term, collaborative relationships with internal clients and external community (including community leaders, community partners, vendors, and media)
- Monitor website and social media pages as needed, addressing all inquiries in an appropriate and timely manner
- Plan, organize and execute events to promote hospital service lines, clinics and/or providers
Skills and Attributes:
- Communication and Presentation Skills The ability to read or to listen and understand information/ideas presented through spoken words or in writing; ability to speak clearly or write in a manner that others can understand; the ability to present information in an understandable manner to all audiences.
- Creativity - Ability to generate and execute unique ideas that communicate a message in an original way.
- Attention to Detail - Paying attention to work and confirming facts in order to eliminate risk of errors.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Complex Problem-Solving - Identifying problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Collaboration - Ability to successfully build rapport and work with internal team members, managers and leaders from all departments, as well as external community, vendors and media.
- Proactive Approach - Eliminating problems before they have a chance to occur.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor`s Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or Journalism preferred; minimum of 3 years work in related field with demonstrated track record of success
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of a project team
- Exceptional planning, organizational, project management, and time management skills; ability to successfully multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Fluency in personal computing products such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint; experience with photography and social media
Washington Regional Medical System is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
How To Apply: