Job Posting: Director of Nursing - Critical Care
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Washington Regional Medical Center - Fayetteville, AR
Department: Critical Care
Shift: Shift Varies
Job Number: JO-1812-36948
Date Posted: 12/14/2018
Categories: Licensed Professional
Reports to Chief Nursing Officer and is responsible for organizing, planning, directing and evaluating Critical Care Units at Washington Regional. Working through subordinate supervisors and managers, provides administrative oversight and direction to assigned patient care functions. In doing so, establishes patient care objectives and organizational structure for achieving established objectives.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Supports staff education and development which cultivates leaders at the unit level who can act to fulfill Washington Regionals mission, vision, and values.
2. Sets expectations, guides and motivates patient care staff to promote Washington Regionals mission, values, and strategic plan.
3. Helps to develop a unit culture which creates a clear vision for the future and defines the values that underlie day to day activities, and meets the changing needs of the community.
4. Develops and implements productivity measures and methods of budget control to further the mission, values, and strategic plan.
5. Encourages performance improvement activities which ensure that patient care standards of practice are consistent with nationally recognized current professional standards.
6. Draws on information from a variety of resources to alter processes and improve performance.
7. Actively participates with other hospital leaders to promote WRMCs strategic plan and to implement strategic patient care initiatives that support community health needs.
8. Provides a framework in which unit managers, coordinators and employees can effectively plan, direct, coordinate, provide, and improve health care services.
9. Actively participates to lead recruitment, retention, and staff development efforts to promote the medical centers goals.
10. Oversees the development and implementation of standards, policies and procedures, critical paths, and other processes which integrate patient care services in assigned unit(s).
11. Accurately assesses needs of patients, satisfaction of patients and families, and other users of services to develop a unit culture focused on continuously improving performance to meet the changing needs of the community and patient population served.
12. Coordinates unit programs and plans of patient care that describe how patients needs are assesses, evaluated, and met.
13. Guides the governance of nursing practice within assigned unit(s).
14. Ensures effective performance improvement activities are integrated into the framework of all assigned departments.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Professional knowledge of patient care practices, theories, management and research, basic statistics and health care standards as normally acquired through completion of a Master`s degree in a clinical discipline, Hospital Administration, or other closely related field in order to gain full understanding of patient care functions. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a Masters degree.
2. Current Arkansas state license as a Registered Nurse required.
3. Minimum 4 years progressively more responsible related work experience which includes a minimum of 2 years supervisory and managerial experience, in order to effectively direct and manage activities of the assigned nursing units.
4. Advanced interpersonal skills necessary in order to provide effective leadership to subordinate personnel and effectively communicate with a wide variety of hospital personnel, patients, families, community residents and other customers.
5. Advanced analytical skills necessary in order to develop and implement new nursing systems, techniques and procedures; determine needs for capital equipment, personnel, expense and revenue budgets; and prepare special and recurring reports or analyses.
How To Apply: