Job Posting: Patient Access Unit Manager (RN)
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Washington Regional Medical Center - Fayetteville, AR
Department: Nursing Support Services
Shift: Monday - Friday Days
Job Number: JO-1811-36811
Date Posted: 11/15/2018
Categories: Licensed Nurses
The role of the department manager maintains 24-hour responsibility for all aspect of the department. The manager is responsible for managing, directing and planning clinical functions of delivery of care within the unit (s). The manager supervises overall operations of Nursing Support Services, including patient throughput and management of Teletracking system, House Supervisors, Bed-Control, Diabetic Educators, and transport while functioning as a member of the management team. This position will also assume additional responsibilities of the PICC Team/Infusion Center and Inpatient Wound Care.
Registered Nurse License, BSN required. MSN preferred.
Work assignment is generally unstructured and employee is responsible for assigning and supervising a variety of functions to achieve the objectives of the section, unit, or project. Duties performed involve weighing and evaluating factors requiring judgment, analytical ability, and problem solving.Contacts are of a non-prescribed nature involving the negotiation and resolution of problems. When exceptional degrees of discretion, judgment, and specialized knowledge are required, the manager must work to carry out the programs and policies of Washington Regional.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for assisting the director with hiring, orienting, evaluating, and supervising the staff.
- Responsible for all departmental functions in support of the hospital mission, vision and facility goals.
- Meets with staff, and administrative team on a regular basis to solve problems, improve quality and efficiency of patient care
- Evaluates personnel, maintaining financial compliance, record keeping and reporting and assists in achieving quality patient care, national patient safety goals and regulatory requirements.
- Establishes effective working relationships with all constituencies including patients, patient families, physicians, employees, volunteers, community partners and vendors
- Strives to improve and facilitate patient care and satisfaction supported with evidenced based practices.
- Identifies the cost-effective systems needed to support the business of the department, taking into account business trends, resource availability and changes in customers.
- Establishes and maintains unit policies and procedures.
- Act as an advocate in representation of Washington Regional leadership
- Serves as a resource in clinical situations
- Expected to resolve problems that arise in the normal course of the work
- Provides supervision over the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient care in the assigned health care setting
- Receives formal and informal grievances and conducts preliminary discussions for settlement when necessary
- Issues disciplinary action for employees as necessary
- Performs full performance level professional nursing work and enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reviewing current literature, in-service meetings, workshops, and research
- Ensures that program and services meet accrediting standards for the Joint Commission and other accrediting programs
How To Apply: