Job Posting: Trauma Program Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Washington Regional Medical Center - Fayetteville, AR
Department: ER Trauma Management
Shift: Monday - Friday
Job Number: JO-1911-39079
Date Posted: 11/26/2019
Categories: Licensed Nurses
Under the general direction of the Director of Emergency department, this position is responsible for overseeing trauma care quality and efficient coordination of care from pre-hospital to rehabilitation or discharge. This position requires knowledge and skill in professional nursing theory and practice, trauma care and trauma systems, principles of teaching and learning, and quality assurance. This position will also prepare and maintain the hospital for Arkansas State designation as a level II trauma center. The method used to solve problems and make decisions is often to examine and analyze information in accordance with generally defined professional principles and practices. Decisions made could positively or negatively affect a large group of users, entire department, or networked systems. Work is guided by WRMC`s policies, established strategies and plans, normally subject to senior management guidance and periodic review of goal achievement in relation to agreed upon strategies. Responsible for coordinating trauma program across the continuum of care through external program education, marketing, outreach, and prevention activities. Collaborates with medical staff, hospital management, pre-hospital coordinator, providers, and community partners for educational opportunities. Acts as a liaison for the hospital with other local and national trauma centers and organizations. Supports a collaborative role for the pre-hospital providers, transport agencies, referral hospital, and other trauma centers in developing a regional response to trauma care.
AR RN License, BSN required, Master`s degree or presently enrolled with anticipated graduation date required
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL AND SKILL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Demonstrates clinical excellence and input during patient care rounds, and during trauma activations to facilitate high quality and efficient patient care delivery.
- Participates in hospital Quality Management and Trauma Quality Improvement Program (TQIP) activities: Identifies patient care, system, and/or process issues and trends; assists with chart reviews, data collection and preparation for case presentations.
- Assists Medical Director, Director of Emergency Department (ED) and Nursing Administration in the investigation and resolution of issues, and performance improvement activities related to trauma care delivery.
- Collaborates with health care professionals in providing continuity of care to trauma patients and families from Admission through Discharge and Rehabilitation or discharge.
- Assists and Participates in Community Outreach/Trauma Prevention activities.
- Acts as a consultant to internal and external staff while maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Assists in the development/revision of administrative policies and clinical nursing guidelines/standards of care for trauma patients in collaboration with appropriate disciplines.
- Adheres to safety and legal requirements established at hospital, state, and national level. Participates in development of trauma care systems at community, state, and regional levels through TRACC participation.
- Participates in Arkansas state trauma survey process.
- Participates in Departmental meetings, serves on Statewide and relevant hospital committees as appointed or requested, and participates in task force activities and staff level Trauma Committee.
- Attends conventions, conferences, workshops, and other professional meetings to extend learning and to represent Washington Regional Medical Center (WRMC).
- Exhibits professionalism by assisting with research, educating others, and leadership in practice.
- Collaborates with trauma service team to improve care, develop protocols, and achieve trauma center designation.
- Facilitates changes in clinical practice based upon document research.
- Monitors and analyzes outcomes based on research driven practice change.
- Participates in budgeting, capital planning, and operational needs of Trauma programs throughout the continuum.
- In collaboration with Trauma Registrar and Trauma Medical Director, completes quality and annual Trauma Program reports.
How To Apply: