Job Posting: Food Service Tech (Full time: 6:00am-2:30pm)
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Washington Regional Medical Center - Fayetteville, AR
Department: Patient Food Service
Job Number: JO-2111-44581
Date Posted: 11/17/2021
Categories: General Support
Washington Regional Medical Center is our regions only locally governed, community-owned, not-for-profit healthcare system. Our system includes a 425-bed acute care hospital located in the heart of Fayetteville supported by our clinic system - including primary, specialty and urgent care operations - that span across Northwest Arkansas into Harrison and Eureka Springs. Being heavily supported and invested in our community makes Washington Regional a unique employer, encouraging staff to give back to the community in which we live and work and give back to each other.
Washington Regional Mission, Vision and Values prove to be a firm foundation and inspiration from which we fulfill our purpose.
Mission: Washington Regional is committed to improving the health of people in communities we serve through compassionate, high quality care, prevention and wellness education.
Vision: To be the leading healthcare system in Northwest Arkansas --- the best place to receive care and the best place to give care.
Values: To treat others patients and their families, visitors, physicians, and each other as we would want to be treated.
The role of the Food Service Tech I report to the Production Manager and Patient Services Manager. This position is responsible for maintaining the kitchen area and all equipment utilized in this position. This position will spend 100% of the time standing and/or walking while bending, stretching, lifting, and carrying (up to 50 lbs.). This position has exposure to chemical cleaning products. This position has exposure to loud noises and fluctuation in temperature as normally related to food service production areas.
The responsibilities for food service tech are spread across three operational areas within the food service department. These areas are in utility services. retail food service, patient food service.
- Wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, and pans either by using a dishwasher or their hands.
- Clean or sterilize dishes, kitchen utensils, equipment, or facilities.
- Store clean dishes, utensils, and cooking equipment in an appropriate manner
- Sort and remove trash, placing it in the correct area
- Sweep and scrub floors
- Clean trash rooms, walls, equipment, and work area according to schedule
Retail food service:
- Wipe tables or seats with dampened cloths or replace dirty tablecloths.
- Set tables with clean linens, condiments, or other supplies.
- Locate items requested by customers.
- Perform serving, cleaning, or stocking duties in establishments, such as cafeterias or dining rooms, to facilitate customer service.
- Run cash registers
- Barista be able to fulfill customers orders of coffee, smoothies, etc.
- Customer and Personal Service Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards, customer satisfaction.
- Service Orientation Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Coordination Adjusting actions in relation to others` actions.
Patient food service:
- Monitor food distribution, ensuring that meals are delivered to the correct recipients and that guidelines, such as those for special diets, are followed.
- Examine trays to ensure that they contain required items.
- Load trays with accessories, such as eating utensils, napkins, or condiments.
- Clean and sanitize work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, or silverware.
- Education: High school diploma or GED
- Licensure and Certifications: N/A
- Experience: 6 months of previous work experience in a food service production area, preferred
How To Apply: