Job Posting: Registered Nurse (RN) - Medical/Surgical (Full time: 12 hour shifts)
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Washington Regional Medical Center - Fayetteville, AR
Department: Medical Unit
Shift: 12 hour shifts
Job Number: JO-2201-45150
Date Posted: 1/19/2022
Categories: Licensed Nurses
Washington Regional Medical Center is looking for Registered Nurses for our Medical Surgical department.
If youre an RN looking for more than just a job, you belong at Washington Regional! The work you do matters to your patients and to us. And we believe caring for our team members is just as important as caring for our patients. Youll receive the support and resources needed to advance your career at the #1 hospital in Arkansas.
The Medical Surgical department has 116 private patient rooms that provide care to patients ages 16+ with a wide variety of conditions. The department has nursing units on two floors of the Medical Center. These nursing units serve general medical patients, including hospice and oncology patients, and post-surgical patients, including those in our Total Joint Center, which is a specialized unit dedicated to caring for patients who have received hip, knee and shoulder joint replacements.
The Medical Surgical department is a great place to start a nursing career and master the skills taught in a nursing program. This is a fast-paced environment with many unique learning opportunities.
All new hires will be assigned a dedicated preceptor during their orientation process.
- Coordinate the total nursing care of assigned patients including assessment, planning, implementation and documentation
- Provide high quality, patient focused care to assigned patients by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; recommending necessary adjustments; and following hospital and nursing division`s philosophies and standards of care.
- Maintain patient confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations
- Promote a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families
- Assist in achieving patient quality of care, national patient safety, regulatory agency, and budgetary goals
- Resolve patient problems and needs by using multidisciplinary team strategies
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by following procedures, rules and regulations
- Serve a culturally and linguistically diverse patient population
- Supervise and delegate duties to student nurses, LPNs, nursing assistants and the unit secretary
- Assist with orientation of new staff members
- Provide clinical supervision of nursing students
This position has exposures to body fluids, radiation, and communicable diseases. The majority of your shift will be spent standing and/or walking short distances, with frequent pushing, pulling, and lifting of up to 100lbs, as well as occasional carrying of up to 25lbs.
You must have an Arkansas RN license or be licensed in a state that has enacted the RN/LPN NLC.
Educational and Certification Requirements
- Must be a graduate of an accredited nursing program
- CPR certification required
- ACLS certification preferred but not required
- Excellent clinical skills
- Professional bedside manner
- Knowledge of infection control practices
- Physiological knowledge
- Medication administration experience
- Ability to work with a team
- Ability to multi-task
- Good listening skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
About Washington Regional
Our mission is to improve the health of people in the communities we serve through compassionate, high-quality care, prevention, and wellness education.
Washington Regional Medical System is the only not-for-profit, community-owned, and locally governed health care system in Northwest Arkansas. We employ 3,200 team members and serve the region with a 425-bed medical center, over 55 clinic locations, the areas only Level II trauma center, and five Centers of Excellence - the Washington Regional J.B. Hunt Transport Services Neuroscience Institute; Washington Regional Walker Heart Institute; Washington Regional Women and Infants Center; Washington Regional Total Joint Center; and Washington Regional Pat Walker Center for Seniors
How To Apply: