Job Posting: Food Service Tech (Barista Duties - Hours vary between 6:00am-9:30pm)
Employment Type: PRN
Location: Washington Regional Medical Center - Fayetteville, AR
Department: Patient Food Service
Shift: Shift Varies
Job Number: JO-2208-46943
Date Posted: 8/10/2022
Categories: General Support
The Apothecary Coffee Shop is conveniently located in Washington Regional to offer a "caffeine fix" for our patients, visitors, and employees! We are looking for an experienced Barista to serve up some specialty drinks. The Apothecary Coffee Shop`s hours are Monday-Friday 7:00am-11:00pm, and Saturday-Sunday 7:00am-4:00pm. We are looking for a customer care orientated candidate that has attention to detail and can work independently when needed. Job duties include, but not limited to:
- Prepare or serve hot or cold beverages, such as specialty coffees, espresso drinks, blended coffees, or teas.
- Take customer orders and convey them to other employees for preparation. Receive and process customer payments.
- Clean or sanitize work areas, utensils, or equipment.
- Suggest menu items to customers; this includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
- Using either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes. Majority of time is spent standing and or walking (up to 80% of work time.) Frequent lifting and carrying of up to 20 lb. (up to 10% of work time).
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL AND SKILL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED This position will have the education, training, and experience to competently perform the responsibilities of a barista through training and work experience normally acquired through job experience. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction. Must possess excellent communication skills and be able to deal with patient and staff members in a courteous and tactful manner. Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
How To Apply: