See all jobs in tampa FL
Submit resume in Word format only.
Job Location: Tampa, Florida
Must have the following in order to apply:
- Associate of Arts/Science Degree from an accredited college or university
- Three to Five (3-5) years of industry experience in soldering including teaching one or more of these crafts in high school or post-secondary education facility may be substituted for a degree
- Must be a Certified Instructor in possession of all the following active certifications:
- J-STD 001
- Communication skills, verbal and written
- Navigate and utilize PC computer applications
- Must speak, read and write English and follow written instructions
Will be discussed with applicant.
This position provides competency-based introductory solder trades instruction within allotted time frames to selected individuals in accordance with provided curricula, objectives, OSHA and NCCER guidelines and construction standards. Assignment may include evening instruction, individualized instruction, tutorial and remedial assistance for individuals outside of normal class time, and/or teaching in multiple locations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Instruct students in introductory soldering techniques using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations
- Instruct and demonstrate all three classes of the Standard.
- Additional instruction provided in:
- Component Identification
- Electrostatic Discharge
- Proper use and care of tools and equipment
- Provide students with information of the manufacturing industry
- Provide students with employability skills for the manufacturing industry.
- Adapt teaching methods, instructional strategies and techniques, and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs, abilities, and interests
- Develop and prepare supplementary lessons and recommend curricula changes within the program as appropriate
- Plan and prepare materials and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects
- Inform students about course requirements, evaluation procedures, and attendance and other policies
- Observe and evaluate students' work to determine progress and make suggestions for improvement
- Conduct hands-on and written tests of terminology, basic concepts and construction principles throughout the course of instruction
- Create and maintain a supportive classroom environment (behavior and surroundings) conducive to learning
- Maintain accountability of students, and property, adheres to safety practices, and performs safety inspections in training area
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required, including progress reports, attendance and counseling
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students for whom they are responsible
- Control use of equipment and recommend purchases
- Participate in students disciplinary programs as required or requested
- Provide progress and interim reports as required
- Recognize learning problems and make referrals as appropriate
- Counsel and motivate students regarding behavior, training, personal and/or study habits and problems. Coordinate with career counselors and other staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting student training
- Provide job placement support to individuals who drop out of or complete the training
- Maintain competence through continuous professional development
- Interact with or to gain experience working with populations
- Manage behavior in a classroom setting
- Determine the approach to completing tasks while following general guidelines
- Work in an environment that may periodically have unpredicted requirements or demands
- Manage multiple tasks at any given time and assist a wide variety of customers at the same time
- Perform professional-level work dealing with data, people, and technology that relates to administrative, technical, scientific, engineering, accounting, legal, or managerial skills
- Work in a responsive environment where co-workers or citizens bring problems that the incumbent must solve
- Provide updates to senior managers, or other community groups or organization
- Make recommendations that impact the budget
- Perform other duties as assigned
Submit resume via email.
In order to apply to this position, please click "How to apply for this job" located at the bottom of the job order page, and you will receive the employer contact information. Employer has indicated the means listed are the only means they will accept to apply.
Days & Hours:
Full Time position, 40 hours per week. Complete work schedule will be discussed with applicant.
Depends on experience. Benefits are offered.
How To Apply:
Submit resume in Word format only.