The Engineer will carry out the work activities and direct resources necessary at XLT for new product development and sustaining current products in accordance with quality, cost, delivery, and service specifications and expectations. Duties and responsibilities include design and documentation of new products, maintenance of current product lines through continual improvement techniques, looking for new and cost saving manufacturing techniques, maintenance of computer resources, 5S, design and support for special projects, and enforcement of the training matrix. Serve as backup to the Engineering Manager.
1. Abide by the Quality Management System.
2. Understand that Customer satisfaction is our first priority, and the importance of compliance to statutory and regulatory requirements.
3. Protect the Company's assets, reputation, goodwill, and stature in the marketplace at all costs.
Essential Functions: This position will perform the below listed duties consistently, accurately, timely, safely, and at the lowest feasible cost:
1. Maintain the Quality Management System
2. Make it understood by all Team Members that Customer satisfaction is our first priority, and the importance of compliance to statutory and regulatory requirements
3. Protect the Company's assets, reputation, goodwill, and stature in the marketplace at all costs
4. Give instructions and guidance to Team Members assigned to projects
5. Be held responsible for the work and actions of Team Members assigned to projects
6. Provide coaching to Team Members to improve performance
7. Participate in the interview process of internal and/or external job candidates
8. Understand the engineering behind current XLT products
9. Develop new products for XLT
10. Develop new processes for XLT
11. Be able to troubleshoot any current XLT product
12. Develop work instructions and job training materials
13. Understand the capabilities of XLT in sustaining the current product lines
14. Focus can be in any of the following disciplines of engineering: Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing and/or Methods
15. Design products and components for manufacturability
16. Participate in the improvement of manufacturing methods for products and parts, and follows through to complete production approvals
17. Participate in the analysis and planning of workforce utilization, space requirements, workflow and design layout of equipment, and workspace for maximum efficiency
18. Perform in concert with the Engineering Manager concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods
19. Participate in conferring with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and assist with the evaluation of products according to specifications and quality standards
20. Participate in the estimating of production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions
21. Confer with Management, Engineering and other Team Members regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules and other considerations to facilitate production processes
22. Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements
23. Perform any and all other duties as assigned by the President
Computer Skills: Basic Computer, E-Mail, and Web skills are required. Most of the documentation and training is done through the use of computers. Advanced Computer skills required are Microsoft Office, 3D VIA Composer and SolidWorks.
Licenses Required: Driver’s License
Travel: This position requires limited travel to Trade Shows, investigate new equipment and software, attend training for new equipment, and to participate in product installations.
Travel Documents: United States Passport
Experience Required: Requires previous lead or related supervisory experience and two (2) years experience in fabrication and assembly of XLT products or in equivalent fields, or related engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
Education Required: Prefer a Bachelor's Degree in an engineering curriculum from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience, and must be knowledgeable of all products and services offered by the Company.
How To Apply:
Go to www.xltovens.com to apply. You must submit an application, but may also attach a resume.