The CNC Programmer will develop programs to control machining or processing of metal or plastic parts by automatic machine tools, equipment, or systems, including laser cutting and folding programming.
Essential Functions: This position will perform the below listed duties consistently, accurately, timely, safely, and at the lowest feasible cost:
1. Communicates with engineers and clients who will use the CNC programs.
2. Reviews 3D CAD design blueprints.
3. Makes calculations for programming including where materials should be cut.
4. Translates CAD files into a computer automated manufacturing (CAM) CNC program.
5. Checks completed programs by running simulations or tests.
6. Prepares geometric layout of designs using proper software.
7. Determines sequence of operations in a program.
8. Chooses cutting tools that will be needed.
9. Analyzes job order and performs necessary calculations.
10. Writes programs and modifies existing ones for increased efficiency.
11. Analyzes and selects speeds and cutting tools for programs.
12. Makes improvements to set up times for a task and contouring of complex shapes.
13. Simplifies tooling time for workers and increases productivity for the client.
14. Evaluates all completed designs to validate their functions and ensure they successfully reduce time.
15. Monitors all programs to make sure they follow blueprint instructions and safely and successfully complete the task.
16. Provides training for CNC Operators on automated systems.
17. Complies with all safety rules and regulations.
18. Develop job training materials.
19. Assist the Production Manager in Identifying unsafe acts and conditions, and then implementing and maintaining a safe working environment.
20. Perform any and all other duties as assigned by the President.
Computer Skills: Advanced computer skills are required, preferably with Microsoft Office, SolidWorks, Dr. Abe, and Solid CAM.
Experience Required: Previous fabrication experience is preferred.
Education Required: A High School diploma or GED is preferable, but not required.
Physical Requirements: 1. Must be able to stand, walk, and use hands for up to 10 hours per day. 2. Must be able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, sit, or crawl for 3 hours per day. 3. Must be able to lift 50 pounds. 4. Must have good close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Mental Requirements: 1. Must be able to count, add, subtract, multiply and divide. 2. Must be able to read, speak, and write English. 3. While talking to others, convey information effectively. 4. Must be able to judge distances, shapes, and fits.
Skills Required: 1. Excellent listening skills – give full attention to what other people are saying 2. Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions 3. Leadership and motivational skills 4. Interpersonal skills 5. Good written and verbal communication skills 6. Decision-making and analytical skills 7. Ability to work under pressure individually and as part of a team 8. Able to plan and prioritize his/her own work 9. Must have attention to detail 10. Must have mechanical aptitude 11. Must be able to use common power and hand tools 12. Must know threaded fasteners
The above statements are intended to describe the essential responsibilities of persons assigned to this role. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements.
How To Apply:
Go to www.xltovens.com to apply. You must submit an application, but may also attach a resume.