- The Infrastructure Architect role provides technical leadership that enables the successful design and delivery of infrastructure technical documentation.He / She will leverage technical, and business knowledge to drive the development of technical frameworks and solutions at portfolio and enterprise levels. This position is involved throughout the project life cycle with emphasis on the initiation, feasibility, and analysis phases.The Infrastructure Architect supports IT and GxP leadership by planning and championing the execution of broad initiatives aimed at delivering value to internal and external stakeholders.This position will lead any cloud initiative GxP computerized system projects. The Infrastructure architect will be a key team member of the GxP Computerized systems execution department, who can identify business opportunities, conceive solutions, work well with internal applications and the IT department (as well as external vendors), build consensus and plans, and execute solutions across multiple business areas. Candidate will be required to demonstrate and grow expertise in Server, Storage, DB, vendor management and project management. Candidate will have the opportunity to present to application teams, business users and to all levels of management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Execute strategic engagements including: Architecture Design Sessions (ADS), High Level Project Design, Scoping & strategy
- Provides guidance on technical aspects of infrastructure systems development and integration to ensure strategies, roadmaps, policies, standards, and practices are properly applied
- Perform infrastructure qualification activities, testing sequences and change controls.Oversight of execution with IT team members
- Responsible for software validation and infrastructure qualification and knowledge regulations
- Experience in data center qualification and auditing from a GxP perspective (data centers, PaaS providers and SaaS solutions)
- Review IT Infrastructure vendor operations and outsourcing arrangements and collaborate with major service providers of IT Infrastructure
- Create and implement disaster recovery plans for GxP Computerized Systems
- Create and implement business continuity plans, procedures and enhancements
- Create technical documents for server build, checklists and standardize naming conventions
- Create server diagrams and infrastructure roadmaps
- Develop system performance monitoring plans
- Execute performance monitoring
- Evaluate monitoring results
- As a member of a project team responsible for providing technical guidance concerning the business implications of the various solutions
- Assists in technical plan preparations to meet business needs and collaborates with cross-functional teams to prepare technical resource plans
Manage all GxP help desk tickets to ensure all issues are resolved within the required timelines
Note: GxP validation experience in writing the technical architect documents or Pharma experience
Qualifications and Requirements
- 5+ years of infrastructure architecture and design experience
- BS Degree in technology or relevant experience
- Experience participating in all Quality GxP computerized system projects, through SDLC methodology
- The position requires excellent communication and coordination skills, proficiency at multitasking and ability to work with all levels of management.
- Candidate should possess technical breadth in areas including Servers, Storage, Databases, and Network.
- This position requires strong business/process analysis skills and the ability to think strategically for longer term, enterprise benefit.
- Candidate must have previous Infrastructure Architecture design experience, strong project management skills and prior experience in formulating requests for proposals, financial analyses, and statements of work and acceptance test plans.
- Must possess a working knowledge of virtualization technologies, strategies, and best practices for implementation and operation with 3 or more years of experience.
- Must possess a working knowledge of enterprise Storage solutions, strategies, and best practices for implementation and operations with 3 or more years of experience.
- Must possess a working knowledge of network technologies, strategies, and best practices for implementation and operation with 3 or more years of experience.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of current technologies both internally and within the industry, and its applicability to the organization.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of current industry technologies, methodologies and designs, and their applicability and appropriateness in various solution architectures.
- Knowledge/experience with databases preferred (SQL server, Oracle)
- Certification preferred in MCSE Server Infrastructure, Cisco CCIE
- Familiarity with GAMP5 a plus
- Familiarity with cloud technology is required
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.