See all jobs in Fort Worth TX
Job Location: Fort Worth, TX
Civil Engineer /Project Manager
Civil Engineering & Planning Consulting Firm is seeking an experienced Civil Engineer with project management experience in Land Development. The individual will manage design and permitting of construction plans, while collaborating with consultants, and the design team to ensure the best design approach throughout every phase of the development.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop project scope and budgets for proposals;
- Direct the civil design and coordinate work with other staff and design team members;
- Perform grading and drainage design to local standards;
- Coordination with local authorities, contractors, etc., during project design and construction.
- Business Development: Pinpoint and market new clients within theDFW area. Clients can be developers, counties, government entities, property owners, etc.
- Maintain and grow existing client accounts.
- Prepare preliminary, engineering and detailed cost estimates.
- Utilize AutoCAD to design Engineering Construction Drawings
- Direct design team in design of drawing and specification packages.
- Negotiate and communicate with regulatory agencies and staff.
- Review RFQs and prepare proposals.
- Prepare engineering and feasibility reports
- Minimum 5 years experience in Land Development, with a minimum of 2 years experience in Project Management;
- In-depth knowledge of civil engineering infrastructure projects, including paving, drainage, water, sewer, grading and drainage;
- Hydrology / hydraulic modeling / design, CLOMR, LOMR, iSWM Experience required;
- USACE Permitting Experience Preferred;
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD (Civil 3D preferred)
- Ability to read, understand and apply the requirements of architectural and consultant drawings and reports.
- Ability and desire to build and manage the drafter(s) and other relevant staff.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and assignments.
- Professional demeanor: projects positive and professional image.
- Previous experience with wind farm projects and storm damage assessment projects is a plus.
- Excellent time management, organization and follow-up skills.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is expected.
- Self-motivated but also team player.
- Must have strong communications skills both written and oral.
- Must be driven to lead project teams and market new clients.
- Must demonstrate a history of - interface well with and develop a rapport and positive relationship with our clients and employees.
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering
- P.E. in Texas with ability to gain licensing in other states
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, ability, and performance. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please include a cover letter, a resume detailing your experience.
Please don't hesitate to apply, as this position will be filled quickly!
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.