See all jobs in Phoenix AZ
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ
LOCATION Phoenix, Arizona REPORTS TO Principal in Charge SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES Oversite for daily tasks. EXEMPT/
JOB TITLE Project Manager DEPARTMENT Operations |
NON-EXEMPT Exempt DATE APPROVED 10/15/16 FULL TIME/
INTERN Full Time JOB SUMMARY The Project Manager is responsible for promoting and ensuring site safety, and a working knowledge for the day to day execution for their assigned project(s) including managing, coordinating, and supervising subcontractors, vendors, and personnel to ensure the work is completed on time, within budget, while adhering to Companys quality standards. The Project Manager is also responsible for the oversight and support of the superintendent.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Interacts with client, understands and interprets the clients goals and objectives, goes above and beyond to do what it takes to make the Client / Company collectively successful. There is very large degree of Make it Happen that is inherent in the role of Project Manager.
- Promotes safety on job site and implements, enforces, and effectively manages Companys safety policy and procedures.
- Manages and prioritizes the project budget and ensure Company is obtaining the best possible pricing; weighing and eliminating risk in the buyout process.
- Manages and is responsible for the ongoing analysis of project buyout, savings, and contingencies; schedules buyout into the overall project schedule and ensures milestones are met.
- Coordinates and runs weekly owners meetings, inclusive of updating and managing the meeting minutes.
- Writes and distributes bid packages that clearly define the scope and general provisions.
- Reads and fully understands plans and specifications.
- Negotiates, analyzes, and prepares subcontracts, purchase order agreements, and cost control budgets
- Ensures that the project team understands the aspects of the prime contract that relate to their specific responsibilities and demonstrates a thorough understanding of the prime contract checklist.
- Identifies the high risk provisions in the prime contract and implements project specific practices to mitigate risk to Company.
- Working knowledge of contract documents, including reading and writing subcontracts.
- Manages all document control of RFI submittals, change orders, correspondence, permits, drawings, specs, and reports in a systematic and traceable manner.
- Prepares and manages monthly owner billing process and actively pursues owner for prompt payment of monthly progress billing.
- Reviews the timely approval of all change orders and billings, and cost control budget adjustments.
- Responsible for all aspects of the cost report and completes timely submittal of cost reports and effectively communicates risk and projections to senior management.
- Maintains a delay log in conjunction with Construction Manager and inserts delays into the master schedule and send weekly notices to the owner.
- Manages and publishes project schedule as it applies to scope on a weekly basis.
- Participates in the development and creation of the baseline schedule as it applies to scope of work and provides weekly updates to the schedule.
- Develops and implements a QA/QC program and oversees execution of the Company Punch List Program.
- Provides feedback to estimators for use in future bidding or negotiations.
- Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
DESIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Minimum 5 years average with all previous employers
- Minimum 8 years total industry experience
PHYSICAL AND VISUAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors degree
- 10+ years experience as a project manager
- Strong computer skills, especially in; Microsoft Office, Project, Outlook, and Construction Software (Prolog and Procore)
- Good interpersonal skills
- OSHA 10 hour training
- Dust Control training
- People who will stand out during our selection are those who have experience and technical knowledge in a wide range of construction markets, especially medical, retail, education, office/warehouse, etc.
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.