See all jobs in Huntsville AL
Job Location: Huntsville, AL
Support customer efforts to commercialize and use the companys technologies. Evaluate and benchmark the performance of competitive products in order to establish performance targets. Work with customers and end users to understand industry needs and technology trends. Contribute to the development and implementation of solutions that lead directly to business growth.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Conduct, and coordinate applications development R&D with the aim of developing new products. Design and coordinate laboratory experiments to accomplish project goals
- Establish close working relationship with Sales and Development team members. Provide early stage technical input on new business opportunities to assess technical feasibility. Create development plans including project deliverables, schedule, and budget. Report progress to management as requested.
- Conceive, document, and communicate value-creating, innovative, new product and process technology. Proactively explore new technical ideas, and use customer input to aid development of new products.
- Provide expertise and leadership to assist with the reliable scale-up of new product technologies from discovery to production.
- Prepare capital proposals and budgets as required. Facilitate acquisition and installation of new laboratory and development equipment in support of new product development projects.
- Participate in site safety program. Create new safe operating and working procedures for new and existing equipment. Facilitate pre-start up safety reviews and ensure follow up for the recommendations for those reviews. Review safety issues and conducts hazard analyses.
- Support efforts to protect the environment and comply with all environmental rules.
- Coordinates activities with other departments to assure appropriate support.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Must have strong leadership, communication, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Easily able to interact with customers, including being the voice of the customer and leading customer-based projects.
- Presentation skills (Power Point based) at trade shows, conferences, customer visits, and internal meetings.
- Ability to work across Japanese- American cultural lines
- Project management and organizational skills.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Degree in Polymer Science, Chemistry, Material Science, or related fields. PhD preferred, but BS or MS in the same fields will be considered.
- 2 years of industrial experience with polymers, with a fundamental understanding of polymers. Experience with fluoroelastomers and fluoropolymers or other engineered polymers is a plus.
- Experience with melt extrusion of polymer is required. Other experience in polymer engineering, including injection molding, compression molding, and tubing is a decided plus.
- Working knowledge of ASTM standards for polymers is required.
- Polymer characterization experience is preferred. Polymer synthesis is a decided plus.
US based candidates only.
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.