See all jobs in Berea OH
Job Location: Cleveland, OH
Commensurate with experience and is a combination of salary and profit sharing.
Quality Engineer position for a $25MM employee owned company specializing in the design and manufacturing of custom metal fabricated products that are used in a variety of industries including automotive, aerospace, chemical processing, steel and primary metals, heat treating, and other general industrial processes. The company's employee ownership culture fosters a collaborative work environment where employees work together towards a common goal and are empowered to achieve results.
- Quality Systems Work with Management and Quality Department to implement policies and procedures to ensure compliance with requirements and performance excellence. Educate employees on Quality policies and procedures. Audit quality management system processes, and implement improvements to make the quality system more efficient and effective. (50% of time will be spent in this area.)
- Performance Measurement Measure performance (metrics) and drive improvement programs to achieve quality objectives for product quality. Perform root cause analysis on failures and be the key driver for putting corrective actions in place. (20% of time will be spent in this area.)
- Quality Records Maintain quality records, including welder qualifications, weld inspector certifications, fabrication records, inspection records, nonconformance reports, corrective action reports and all other customer quality records. (20% of time will be spent in this area.)
- Cost Reductions Reduce costs through participation in company-wide lean initiatives. (10% of time will be spent in this area.)
- College degree in a technical discipline. (4 year degree preferred, 2 year degree and equivalent work experience will also be considered).
- At least 5 years experience with structured Quality Systems (e.g., ISO, AS, TS, AWS)
- Manufacturing experience in a build to order environment.
- Experience working with Engineering and Management
- Strong experience with performance metrics.
- 6 Sigma experience.
- ASME code experience.
- Welding / Fabrication experience.
Keywords: Quality Engineer, ASQ, 6 Sigma, ASME Code, Welding, Fabrication, ISO, AS, TS, AWS, Quality Systems, Metrics, Certified Quality Auditor
How to Express Interest - Click the Apply button and follow the online instructions.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.