See all jobs in Buffalo NY
Job Location: Buffalo, NY
In this role, you will be responsible for oversight of manufacturing engineering projects including programming modifications of machinery and equipment, specification and procurement of new equipment and tooling, equipment installation and start-up, and supervision of team members (which can include maintenance, CAD operators, mechanics, and electricians).
- Perform automation/controls programming and engineering functions in accordance with accepted practices and company standards.
- Manage engineering projects from conception through completion:
- Interpret equipment capabilities and specifications.
- Define equipment required to achieve optimal production.
- Prepare detailed project scopes of work.
- Develop electrical schematics.
- Prepare and manage schedules.
- Manage installation and modifications.
- Programming and troubleshooting of PLCs and HMIs.
- Start-up and training.
- Investigate equipment performance and identify any problems for corrective actions and solutions.
- Work closely with all internal team members to identify issues and implement improvements.
- Writes/revises SOPs, User Requirement Specs, Functional Requirement Specs, Design Specs, Qualifications, etc.
- Executes Factory and Site Acceptance Tests, Machinability Studies, and validation protocols.
- Writes and executes Risk Analysis (i.e. FMEA and Fishbone Diagrams) and Engineering Change Orders.
- Maintain GMP compliance.
- Utilize continuous improvement methodology to improve internal processes.
- Bachelors Degree (engineering discipline)
- 3-5 years automation/controls engineering experience
- PLC/HMI experience including Allen Bradley and/or Siemens
- RSLogix experience
- Experience with equipment/machinery installation and start-up
- Experience from FDA or other highly regulated environment
- Pharmaceutical industry highly preferred
- Project management experience
- Good computer skills; experience with AutoCAD or SolidWorks
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated and driven individual
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Stable/solid work history
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.