See all jobs in Cleveland OH
Job Location: Cleveland, OH
Our client is a private equity backed, very successful SaaS company. More information will be shared at time of initial call.
They are seeking aDirector of User Experience to fulfill a newly created role on their team. Reporting to the leader of Product Management, the successful candidate will bring technical expertise, strategic long-term vision, strong problem-solving capabilities, and fluency in visual and experience tools. The Director will participate in client meetings and lead a small internal team to develop solutions that work within existing software. The Director UI/UX should be able to leverage usability and interactive design research, user experience and creative design best practices, as well as experience creating and implementing successful content marketing strategies to identify and recommend modifications and new approaches for our clients. The Director will help grow the knowledge and expertise of application of UI/UX principles across our teams, and lead internal (company based) and external (client based) adherence and implementation of any and all process modifications. Strong collaboration with cross-functional teams including Digital, Media, Graphic Operations, Client Service and Tech Engineering will enable the Director of UI/UX to successfully guide the user experience across the product platforms.
- Lead discussions and provide recommendations on content strategy, innovative user interface concepts, and authoring based on system capabilities.
- Lead a small team of UI/UX designers that work across client projects to bring expertise and clarity by delivering visual and interactive tools, capabilities and solutions.
- Partner with the Product, Client Service and Digital teams who drive research and requirements for new software capabilities to deliver visualizations of concepts that help to inform product direction.
- Work closely with the Product team to provide guidance on leveraging platform capabilities to execute on product needs and to establish:
- Consistent approaches to successful user focused design patterns in print, digital, and mobile, founded in usability and end user design research and best practice.
- A methodology, with clearly articulated processes and deliverables, that can be used to convert ideas into elegant program experiences, applying effective visualization techniques to communicate at all phases of development.
- New workflows and strategies to support user-centered design
- Key prototypes and research activities across print, digital, and mobile. These prototypes will be used to drive internal requirements and to serve as the source for testing research.
- A consistent user experience within and across products for each client.
- Along with other stakeholders, provide recommendations and feedback on new and existing products; apply knowledge of the advertising cycle, with data from iterative research and analytics, to ensure a comprehensive view of the entire experience is articulated and is effective, engaging, easy to use, and efficient for corporate advertisers and their distributed networks.
- Establish protocol for synthesizing, aligning, and executing on data and research. Serve as a centralized point of contact for this work with the Product and Client teams.
- Contribute to and/or lead budget estimates and road-map development.
- Create and deliver effective presentations to a variety of audiences including Executive Team, Board of Directors, internal and external key stakeholders.
- Bachelors degree in Human Centered Design, Visual Communication, Interaction Design, Computer Science, Instructional Design or equivalent work experience.
- The ability to read the room, sketch solutions, understand problems from the big-picture information architecture approach down to the single interaction under scrutiny.
- Demonstrated success working with Creative and/or Marketing leads to establish and execute on program vision.
- Demonstrated success in leading user experience efforts across multiple products
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Extensive knowledge of UX and UI design practices and deliverables.
- A strong familiarity with iterative design research, including the creation of business requirements for proper research executions and implementing feedback into the design and development process as required.
- Demonstrated experience working in an agile environment
- Minimum of five years experience within advertising, marketing or similar environments, with focus on user experience methodologies and practices.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise with user-centered design.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.