See all jobs in Farmington Hills MI
Job Location: Farmington Hills, MI
Senior Power Electronics Design Engineer Automotive Tier One Supplier to OEMs
Senior Power Electronics Design Engineer
Senior Power Electronics Design Engineer to Design and Development process of our Core electronics product areas: Power Electronics / Connectivity Charging and Sensors.
Our Client Company, a global Tier One Electronics and Electro-mechanical supplier to the automotive industry is currently recruiting an experienced Senior Power Electronics Design Engineer to support our growth in the area of Power Electronics.
The products are: AC to DC inverters at 2 to 4 Kilowatts, 2000 to 4000 watts off 12 volt systems
5 volt DC USB Power supplies for powering electronic Devices in the car
Our Client Company is a supplier to all major automotive OEMs Globally.
Our client company has a very good family, work / life balance and very strong benefits.
Main Accountabilities / Tasks:
- Develop product hardware/circuit design to meet customer specifications and requirements.
- Prepare and lead design review meetings
- Prepare technical and cost proposals and make technical presentations of new designs to customers
- Strong knowledge of electrical and electromechanical materials and components.
- Strong knowledge of circuit and PCB design to meet EMC requirements.
- Proficient with circuit simulation tools.
- Strong analytical and hands-on skills.
- Good troubleshooter and problem solver.
- Experience with standard automotive engineering documents, such as DFMEA, DV test plans, etc
- Ability to write hardware-software interface requirements.
- Experience with operation of typical laboratory measurement equipment and basic skills such as soldering / de-soldering components
- Desire to operate in an environment with limited guidance, where the engineer exhibits a high degree of control over and accountability for the product design.
- Knowledge in designing according to ISO26262/ASIL standards including FTA, FMEDA, DIA, SPF-matrix etc...is highly desirable.
- Experience with high current (up to 500A) and high voltage (up to 1000V) designs is preferred.
Education required for this role:
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical/Electronic Engineering and/or pass Our Client Company Circuit Design Test
- 5-7 years of experience in electronic circuit design
- Good Written and Spoken English preferred
Business Interfaces of the job (Internal Departments/External (i.e. Customers, Consultants etc):
- Internal departments, including engineering, sales, quality and manufacturing
- Interface with external consultants as necessary
- Interface with customers as necessary
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.