See all jobs in Fort Worth TX
Job Location: Fort Worth, TX
Well-established structural steel company in Fort Worth is seeking an experienced Maintenance Supervisor for their primary operation in Fort Worth, TX. Please read the entire description below prior to applying.
Must have experience in the heavy fabrication industry, particularly experience with the following equipment: Hydraulic Presses, Plasma Machines, CNC Drilling Units, Overhead Cranes, Welding Equipment and Mobile Equipment
Compensation: $65,000 - $75,000, Depending on Experience. Straight time over 50 hours. Potential metric quarterly bonus and potential EBIDTA Annual Bonus.
Responsibility for managing all maintenance activities within the plant including outside contractors as needed. Responsible for the safe execution of maintenance and repair activities. Additional responsibilities would be to create more effective safety stewardship, equipment maintenance and repair programs, employee development and skill enhancement plans and implementing continuous improvement activities into Plant Maintenance. Work collaboratively with other plant leadership and production personnel to meet the long and short term company goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversee the direction of the maintenance department personnel while maintaining the current reporting structure in place.
- Manage maintenance staff in prioritizing tasks and completing maintenance work orders daily.
- Develop/recommend training for maintenance personnel
- Assess and monitor safety, housekeeping and performance standards of maintenance personnel
- Preventative Maintenance
- Analyze severity of maintenance problems and prioritize daily emergencies to minimize plant down time and optimize equipment uptime as well as maximizing plant productivity.
- Create PM schedules that minimize equipment downtime.
- Coordinate, plan and develop contingency plans in order to minimize operational interruptions in the event of equipment breakdowns.
- Identify critical spare parts and maintain inventories of machine and facility spare parts.
- Update the electronic preventative maintenance system.
- Analyze equipment manuals and translate that data into meaningful PM schedules
- Analyze Preventative Maintenance data and modify schedules based on this data
- Assist in creating work instructions and procedures
- Recommend improvements to, and replacement of equipment
- Track maintenance spending
- Work closely with Safety manager to see that we meet the highest standard of safety throughout the plant
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have 5 or more years experience in dealing with maintenance in a manufacturing environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Requires lifting of boxes and materials up to 50 pounds, must therefore be physically fit and able to perform physical work.
- Experience in Electronics, Electrical repairs, Industrial Equipment installations, alignment, start-up repairs, etc.
- Must have recent and stable work history.
- Must have experience with operating basic hand tools.
- Must have mechanical and electrical knowledge.Some electronic knowledge is helpful.
- Experience managing a computerized maintenance management system minimum two (2) years
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Successful candidate must submit to post offer, pre-employment physical examination/medical history check.
- Possession of a valid Texas driver's license is a requirement for this job.
- MUST be flexible with ALL shifts and overtime if needed.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORTS:
Will be required to perform other duties as requested.
- Work involves moderate to heavy exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- Moderate to heavy physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 50 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (6) hours per day.
- Work environment involves exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require strict understanding and adherence to safety precautions.
Please don't hesitate to apply for this position, as it will be filled quickly! Thanks!
Keywords: maintenance, supervisor, manager, mechanical, plant, manufacturing, engineer, repair, tech, technician, management, fabrication, fort worth, arlington, dallas, north richland hills, keller, burleson, alvarado, cleburne, facilities, facility, machine, machinery, weld, welding, welder, plasma, cnc
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.