See all jobs in Fort Worth TX
Job Location: Fort Worth, TX
Well-established structural steel company in Fort Worth is seeking experienced flux-core welders on 2nd shift. Please read the entire description below prior to applying.
30 Day Temp-to-Hire
Shift: 2nd - 3:45pm - 2:15am Monday - Friday & 12pm - 9pm Saturday (This is subject to change once additional welders are added to second shift.)
Pay: $16.50-$17.50 Depending on Experience + one dollar per hour bonus paid monthly. ONCE HIRED ON, 2nd shift welders receive a $2 night shift incentive and are eligible for a quarterly bonus. Eligible for full benefits the 1st of the month following 60 days of full time employment.
Responsible for various types of weld preparation, welding and weld finishing operations to manufacture product to customer drawings, specifications, or other forms of instruction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work
being performed and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
- Follow General Work Instructions-Welding Fabrication.
- Proficient in assigned welding techniques.
- Interpretation of drawings, including weld requirement symbology.
- Weld Components in flat, horizontal, vertical, or possibly overhead positions.
- Knowledge of wire and filler materials applications for various steel alloys, aluminum, and some exotic materials.
- Working knowledge of fixturing and weld set up parameters (amps, volts, etc.).
- Conventional measuring instruments.
- Process inspection, certification, and documentation.
- Simple welding equipment maintenance.
- Finish grinding applications using manual and power tools.
- Safety and Housekeeping.
- Other duties as assigned by the area supervisor.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Successful completion of an internal welding test which includes 1G&F, 2G&F, and 3G&F (up).
- Six months or more of current flux core welding experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must be able to read drawings.
- Reliable work ethics with great attendance.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule which includes weekends
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Successful candidate must submit to post offer, pre-employment physical examination/medical history check. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work involves almost constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, toxic chemicals, bio-hazardous materials, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and loud noises.
- Considerable physical activity. Requires heavy physical work; lifting, pushing or pulling of objects up to 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and includes the use of protective equipment.
WELDING TEST: The following PPE/Clothing must be brought by applicants in order to take a welding test:
1.Welding helmet with lenses (shade 10 or darker)
a.Heavy cotton long sleeve shirt is acceptable
4.Pants (full-length, heavy cotton, no cuffs)
5.Safety toe metatarsal shoes (leather high-top work boots in good condition)
Please don't hesitate to apply, as these positions will be filled quickly! Thank you.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.