Well-established structural steel fabrication company is seeking an experienced Maintenance Technician for their primary operation in Fort Worth, TX. Please read the entire description below prior to applying.
1st Shift - 30 days temp to hire.
Compensation: $18 - $22 per hour, depending on experience. $1/hr bonus paid monthly. Eligible for quarterly bonuses (temp time is counted). Eligible for benefits 1st of the month following 60 days of full time employment.
Performs schedule/unscheduled maintenance on the physical plant, electrical, mechanical and electronic repairs and troubleshooting to determine problems in non-functioning CNC-control mechanical equipment used in the manufacturing process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- All facility maintenance mechanical, electrical, electronic, and the physical condition of building.
- Conduct machine setup.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance tasks to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly.
- Performs scheduled maintenance on plant equipment and machinery.
- Installing, repairing/replaces worn/defective parts, motors, control devices, electronics, etc., and troubleshooting all equipment.
- Diagnose mechanical, electrical and electronic problems and determine how to correct them, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.
- Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Record maintenance and repair worked performed.
- Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools and power tools.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Must have 5 or more years experience in dealing with maintenance in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in Electronics, Electrical repairs, Industrial Equipment installations, alignment, start-up repairs, etc.
- Must have recent and stable work history.
- Must have experience with operating basic hand tools.
- Must have mechanical and electrical knowledge.Some electronic knowledge is helpful.
Conditions of Employment:
- Successful candidate must submit to post offer, pre-employment physical examination/medical history check.
- Possession of a valid Texas driver's license is a requirement for this job.
- MUST be flexible with ALL shifts and Overtime if needed.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
Please don't hesitate to apply, as this opportunity will be filled quickly. Thanks!
- Work involves moderate to heavy exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- Moderate to heavy physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 50 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than six (6) hours per day.
- Able to climb portable ladders, crawl under and climb onto machinery and equipment and able to enter and exit confined spaces.
- Work environment involves exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require strict understanding and adherence to safety precautions. Must wear/use approved applicable safety equipment, as needed.
Keywords: maintenance, tech, technician, repair, electrical, manufacturing, hyrdaulics, pneumatics, parts, motors, controls, electronics, troubleshoot, tools, fort worth, arlington, dallas, mansfield, alvarado, cleburne, benbrook, irving, burleson, keller, nrh, north richland hills, southlake, saginaw, aledo, weatherford, facility, manage, management
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.