See all jobs in Waterloo IA
Job Location: Waterloo, IA
Productive Resources has been providing engineering services to some of the nations largest and most renowned companies for almost fifteen years. Our reputation for quality, teamwork, and innovative solutions keeps our clients turning to us to meet their engineering services needs. Our contacts and experience combined with your technical expertise equals career possibilities for you.
This opportunity is for an Engine Performance Development Engineer on site at our client. As an employee of Productive Resources, you will develop diesel engine calibrations to meet existing and future emissions regulations and customer application requirements.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute test plans to thoroughly evaluate engine performance and emissions.
- Support and execute test cell activities for multiple shift operation.
- Perform engine analysis projects using GT Power.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with test lab personnel and other engine functional groups including controls, base engine design and development, PV&V, and applications.
- Independently analyze test data, create and present summary and conclusion of results and bring recommended course of action.
- Document test results and conclusions in a timely manner.
- Prepare and release performance and emissions calibrations to support application software releases.
- Support documentation and factory implementation.
- Contribute to discussions of potential concepts to meet future emissions regulations.
- Support PV&V activities for after-treatment performance, engine calibration and durability testing, vehicle functional mules, and other general troubleshooting activities.
- Mentor others in the team and assume training responsibilities when necessary.
- Demonstrate leadership in continuous refinement and improvement of calibration methods and procedures.
No sponsorships are available for this opportunity.
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written.
- Problem solver.
- Work in a team environment.
- Masters Degree in Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
- 2 or more years engine test/development experience in the industry.
- Experience with engine and combustion principles and emissions control technologies.
- Knowledge of electronic engine control systems and calibration techniques.
- Exposure and proficiency with engine test lab equipment, data acquisition, and data analysis tools.
- Experience with diesel engines design and development, engine subsystem, or component development and qualification.
- Expert knowledge of DIAdem, MATLAB tools, or other data analysis software.
- Willingness to work some off-shift hours to support multiple shift operations.
- Working knowledge of GT-Power (and GT-Suite in general).
- Design for Six Sigma or Systems Engineering Experience.
If you are the right person, if you have the expertise we need, submit your resume now!
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.