See all jobs in Canton OH
Job Location: Canton, OH
Patriot Software, LLC is looking for a designer to help create online software and websites that are simple, intuitive, and understand our users needs. We want someone who has an excellent sense of design, can approach problems analytically, and communicates well through writing.
A strong candidate will have a firm grasp on fundamental user experience principles like usability testing, data-driven design, and web conventions. You should be comfortable in iterative design, understand common accessibility problems web users face, and enjoy turning high-level sketches or digital images into functioning prototypes for testing in a browser.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
THE USER EXPERIENCE DESIGNER WILL:
- A bachelors degree in web/graphic design or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years of online software or mobile app design experience.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- An understanding of UX/UI/IA design.
- Excellent HTML/CSS knowledge, with Photoshop/Illustrator/Sketch skills to match.
- Experience or an understanding of accounting, finance, recruiting, staffing, statistics, or human resources.
SOME OF OUR PERKS INCLUDE:
- Work with a small team to design new features and improve existing ones.
- Test concepts and prototypes with our users and in-house staff.
- Consistently share work for feedback from their team.
- Do you prefer a Mac, Windows, or Linux machine? We will provide the type of machine you want to work on and well throw in an extra flat screen monitor.
- Want to work from outside? How about from the local coffee shop? We have a flexible remote work policy that you can take advantage of. We value a hard days work, but are flexible around when you work best.
- Education reimbursement is offered because we love that you have a love of learning.
- Use our generous PTO when you are sick, have appointments, or want to travel.
- Our dynamic workspace boasts current design and development trends--and we want to hear your ideas!
- Patriots convenient location is close to shopping, restaurants, and almost anything else you might need.
- Free snacks and coffee are available in our shiny, new kitchenettes.
- Wear what makes you comfortable, including sandals, shorts, and hoodies.
- Adjustable desks allow you to sit, stand, or mix it up.
- Feel appreciated on employee appreciation days and enjoy impromptu celebrations. It could be anything from free lunch at our corn hole tournament, to a celebration of National Popcorn Day, or a chair massage. The surprises just keep coming!
- Our employees are our best recruiters. Any employee who refers a candidate that is hired receives a cash bonus!
- Free company swag..because free stuff is always in style.
We offer competitive compensation and a wide range of benefits, including paid vacation after 90 days, health insurance, HSA and FSA accounts, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, disability insurance, and a stock options program.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.