See all jobs in Farmington Hills MI
Job Location: Farmington Hills, MI
Engineering Manager Power Electronics, Electronics & Electro-mechanical Automotive Tier One Supplier to OEMs
Engineering Manager Power Electronics:
Lead our team in Design and Development process of our Core electronics product areas: Power Electronics / Connectivity Charging and Sensors
Our Client Company, a global Tier One Electronics and Electro-mechanical supplier to the automotive OEMs in the Automotive industry is currently recruiting an experienced Engineering Manager for our metro Detroit office to support key electronics product growth.
Our client company has a very good family, work / life balance and very strong benefits.
BRIEF JOB SUMMARY:
The Engineering Managers main job responsibilities involve leading the Engineering team in terms of Product and Technology development in our core electronics product areas Sensors and Connectivity Charging / Power Electronics. In addition, the manager is responsible for leading related customer and internal projects through the Our Client Company Design and Development process.
Must Have: Looking for a very hands-on technical manager that can take care of the day-to-day and be able to critique technical designs for the Hardware and Software Design Engineers.
Must have a strong electrical background and previous management experience.
In this Power Electronics Manager position, you will be guiding, critiquing the engineers in their work.
It will be very helpful to have some hands on experience in:
Electronics, Electrical Engineers, Circuit Board layout, Embedded Software Engineers.
Secondary Technical: Mechanical Designers for packaging and mechanical design related to the products.
The products are: AC to DC inverters at 2 to 4 Kilowatts, 2000 to 4000 watts off 12 volt systems
5 volt DC USB Power supplies for powering electronic Devices in the car
Technical - Primary
- Coordinate, review and runs/oversee design review meetings both internally and with customers.
- Ensure that customer specifications and requirements are properly reviewed and are met in the final design.Follow VOC, VOT, VOP and VOB approach.
- Review and approve design documentation and verification and validation test plans and reports for accuracy and completeness. Review and approve DFMEAs.
- Promotes modular design and product platform design approach in development of Next Generation Technologies and VA/VE opportunities.
- Explore the possibilities of developing new products by staying abreast of the technology, communicating with other internal teams.
- Supports Operations, Logistics, Purchasing and Quality on manufacturing, Customer and Supplier issues.
- Prepare technical and cost proposals.
Technical - Secondary
- Strong knowledge of electrical and electromechanical materials and components.
- Strong knowledge of circuit design and PC board design to meet EMC requirements.
- Knowledge of transducers, sensors, data acquisition, and laboratory equipment.
- Strong management skills
- Good troubleshooter and problem solver.
- Prioritize, plan and coordinate engineering projects in North America.
- Ensure on time and budget execution of the Engineering Projects.
- Ensure that engineering business is conducted according to internal procedures and policies, including TS16949 guidelines.
- Support Customer and Supplier technical issues for resolution
- Ensure good housekeeping, order and safety in the Engineering area. Support the 6S and lean initiatives.
- 10 years' experience in electrical and electronics design and development.
- 5 years' experience in a supervisory/management engineering position in the automotive industry
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical / Electronics Engineering
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.