See all jobs in Philadelphia PA
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA
Responsible for the development of robust pre-clinical in vitro and in vivo models to test proof of concept therapeutic molecules, design experiments in collaboration with internal stakeholders to investigate how candidate therapeutics engage the immune system, and stay current on scientific literature.
Perform in vitro and in vivo immunological assays to help broaden our understanding of how our therapeutic leads can affect immune system interactions
Collaborate with the broader scientific team to design and execute experiments aimed at defining the mechanism(s) of action and pharmacodynamic effects of our therapeutic leads in immune-competent mouse models
Develop in vivo models to test the activity of therapeutic leads in combination with established immunotherapeutic agents
Design and implement experiments to validate mechanistic links between potential biomarkers of immune responses and gene therapy agents
Serves as an expert consultant in Immunology issues across all Spark project teams
Engage colleagues in cross-disciplinary scientific discussion, present scientific data to internal and external audiences and stay abreast of relevant scientific literature
Will contribute to the identification of new drug targets
- Ability to perform successfully in a cross-functional environment
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Strong data analysis skills
- Track record of finding innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to coach and mentor other scientists
- Proficiency in cell and tissue culture in vitro
- Competency in mouse handling and tissue extraction techniques for pharmacodynamic analyses is particularly desirable
- Cytokine profiling capabilities, such as Luminex and ELISA-based experience, are desirable
- PhD with at least 4 years postdoctoral work with a focus on immunology.
- Expertise in adeno-associated virus (AAV) gene transfer and vector immunogenicity
- A record of scientific achievement demonstrated in high impact peer-reviewed publications
- Able to write invention disclosure for patent application, technical reports, technical protocols.
- Exposure to GCP and QA
- Experience with human and murine in vitro and ex vivo cellular immunology techniques, including functional assays (e.g. proliferation & induction assays, intracellular staining assays)
- Experience with novel technologies used in immunology such as CyTOF, single cell expression profiling, etc.
- Experience in cell separation techniques (i.e. density centrifugation, magnetic bead separation, FACS sorting) and familiarity with analysis programs.
- Possesses extensive experience with flow cytometry
WHO WE ARE:
Transforming Patients Lives.Spark Therapeutics is a pioneering gene therapy leader transforming the lives of patients suffering from debilitating genetic diseases by developing one-time, life-altering treatments. We are embarking on our goal to deliver the first approved gene therapy product in the US for genetic blinding conditions and have a product pipeline addressing other unmet rare genetic diseases. We have an entrepreneurial culture and are looking for talented and passionate professionals who are committed and motivated to making a difference in the lives of our patients. If you share our passion for excellence and are looking for a dynamic work environment that fosters creativity, scientific innovation and team collaboration, you may be a great fit for our team.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.