See all jobs in Farmington MI
Job Location: Farmington, MI
Senior Hardware Engineer - Brake Controls
Summary of theSr. Hardware Engineer (Brake Controls)
One of our long term clients, a developer or supplier of advanced vehicle safety systems, is growing at a steady rate. Because of this, theyre looking for a Sr. Hardware Engineer to join their electronic brake and stability systems group. The Sr. Hardware Engineer is primarilyresponsible for the design and development of brake electronics under time and cost restraints.This is a stable, growing company that is offering significant future opportunities to break into new technologies. They are working with the latest and greatest innovations in the automotive field such as active safety, brake-by-wire, and automated driving.
Responsibilities of theSenior Hardware Engineer - Brake Controls:
- Component selection and analysis (Monte Carlo, worst case etc.) to fulfill hardware requirements.
- Schematic capture and circuit simulation.
- Interface with ECAD for PCB layout with compliance to EMC & manufacturing design rules.
- Control and release component BOM.
- Work with Product Assurance group to develop test specifications and assist in troubleshooting.
- Interface with suppliers for development of component specifications, resolving open issues and ensure part availability for design milestones.
- Oead design reviews with peers and Technical Specialists.
- Design change tracking and develop interface specifications.
Qualifications of theSenior Hardware Engineer - Brake Controls:
- Bachelors in Electrical or Computer Engineering required, MS preferred
- Min. 10 years of experience withmixed signal circuit design & analysis for automotive applications.
- MUST HAVE experience with lower power (high current) FET based electronics that are transient in nature.
- Experience in FET drivers for power or motor applications is a must.
- Excellent knowledge ofanalog circuit design for ECU control modules includingPower supply, micro, and I/O circuits etc.
- Ability to design circuits from scratch.
- Well versed withsketching out basic analog circuit topologies on the white board forPower Supplies,FET /Transistor circuits, Inductor/Solenoids.
- Strong knowledge of basics of voltages, currents and component ratings, etc.
- Experience and familiarity with microcontrollers and electronic component technologies is essential. Familiarity in ASIC development and/or testing is a plus.
- Experience in design and analysis for FMEA is required.
- Strong problem solving skills to aid in analysis and troubleshooting of electronic products
- Knowledge of serial communication tools, such as CANalyzer is preferred.
- Experience with office productivity applications such as MS Excel is required, VBA experience is an advantage.
Compensation of theSenior Hardware Engineer - Brake Controls:
Salary Range: $85,000-110,000/year, based on experience
Location: Southeast MI
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: H1B transfers only. NO OPT will be considered
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful -BS, "B.S.", Bachelors, Bachelor,Electrical, "Computer Engineering", "mixed signal circuit", "circuit design", FET, "analog circuit design", ECU, "Power supply",topologies, "Transistor circuit",Inductor,Solenoids,voltage,microcontrollers, ASIC, FMEA,CANalyzer,VBA
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.