See all jobs in Farmington MI
Job Location: Farmington, MI
Lead Functional Safety Engineer
Our client, a tier one automotive supplier is currently in search of a Lead Functional Safety Engineer for a great opportunity in the Farmington, MI area. In this role you will have a mix of leadership and hands-on responsibilities, doing both safety analysis and planning/management activities. You will be responsible for safety analysesand providing feedback aboutsystems, hardware, and software on system safety findings and recommended design changes. You will ensure improvement innext generation automotive electronic brake by wire systems. This is a solid, stable company that offers an opportunity to work on exciting new and advanced technologies.
Responsibilities of the Functional Safety Engineer
- Planning of system safety activities according to the project time schedules.
- Direct junior-level staff and be the team point-of-contact with design and validation engineers.
- Collaborate in safety analyses of system, subsystem, hardware architectures including HARA, DFMEA, FTA, DFA, ETA etc.
- Record and specifysafety concepts and requirements for system architecture including Hardwareand Softwareaspects.
- Explainsystem safety aspects and requirements to theengineering design teams for achievingspecified safety integrity levels.
- Review system test plans and specifications to ensure compliance with safety planfor to the verification of derived safety concepts.
- Connect with customers forthe technical safety aspects about the system andsupport in quoting proposals.
- Support system and product definition according to the V-cycle, development methods and safety standards.
Qualifications of the Functional Safety Engineer
- BS in EE/ME/CE/Physics or Mathematics.
- 6+ years of development engineering experience in embedded control systems.
- At least 4 years of experience in functional safety ina technical environment preferably in automotive. ISO 26262 experience is preferred.
- Experience in a senior-level position, or as a team lead.
- Skilled inPreliminary Hazard Analysis.
- Strong Knowledge of FTA preferably to the methods of NUREG-0492 and/or IEC 61025.
- Strong Knowledge of DFMEA preferably to SAE J1739, VDA 4, and/or Mil-std-1629.
- Knowledge ofSafety requirements analysis at the system, hardware, and software level.
- Skilled inDependent Failure /Common cause analysis/Freedom From Interference Analysis.
- Previous experience orknowledge ofFailure metrics analysis and/or Safe Failure Fraction in accordance with IEC-61508.
- Knowledge ofFTA and FMEA using computer aided analysis toolssuch asITEM Toolkit and IQ FMEA.
- Technical know-how of Reliability Predictions in accordance with IEC 62380, Mil-Hdbk-217 or Telcordia.
- Experience with Medini Analyze software
- Experience with Embedded Electronic Controls systems (i.e.. Brake, Airbag, and Steering) will be preferred.
- Experience in applying safety standards such as ISO 26262 or IEC 61508 will be a plus.
- Technical knowledge and good understanding ofembedded Software engineering and Hardware engineering domains
- Ideal candidate will have abackground with system development for electronic brake systems or automotive
- Language proficiency in Japanese is a plus.
Compensation of the Functional Safety Engineer
Salary Range: $100,000-135,000/year, depending on experience
Location: Southeast MI
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: H1B transfers only. NO OPT will be considered
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful -BS, bachelor, "B.S.", Bachelors,electronic,controls,embedded,FMEA, "Failure mode and effects analysis", safety, "ISO 26262",Automotive, "Fault tree analysis", FTA,IEC 62380, Mil-std-1629, "IEC 61025", "Brake System", "Boosted Braking","System Engineer", "Systems Engineer," "Systems Architect", "System Architect", "Active Safety", ADAS, "vehicle controls", integration, architect, "domain architect", "control module",
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.