Job Location: Yorkville, WI
Productive Resources has been providing engineering services to some of the nations largest and most renowned companies for almost fifteen years. Our reputation for quality, teamwork, and innovative solutions keeps our clients turning to us to meet their engineering services needs. Our contacts and experience combined with your technical expertise equals career possibilities for you.
This opportunity is for a Sr Control Software Engineer on site at our client. As an employee of Productive Resources, you will research, design, develop, and test Embedded Systems Software and Application software for distributed real-time systems of off-highway heavy equipment. Set operational specifications and formulate and analyze software requirements. Apply principles and techniques of Software Engineering, Real-time System Design Practices and Mechatronics.
No sponsorships are available for this opportunity.
- Requirement gathering and analysis to develops software solutions by studying system and subsystem needs.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Operate software development tools, lab equipment or other equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Use microcontrollers to develop control signals, implement control algorithms, or measure process variables, such as temperatures, pressures, or positions.
- Ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
- Recommend, plan, and lead software development improvement initiatives.
- Participates in Software DFMEA activities for major product development initiatives.
- Participate in and/or Leads major product issue resolution initiatives including formal Root Cause Analysis (RCA) on software product failures as required.
- Obtain and license software by obtaining required information from vendors; recommending purchases; testing and approving products.
- Responsible for continual improvement and monitoring of all Software Design and Development processes and procedures.
- Accountability -Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Communication, Oral -Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written -Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Creative -Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea.
- Technical Aptitude -Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Initiative -Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Detail Oriented -Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Analytical Skills -Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Change Management -Ability to encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
- Judgment -The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Conceptual Thinking -Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
- Decision Making -Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Systems Analysis -Ability to determine how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Problem Solving -Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Bachelors degree (4 year) and/or MS in Electrical Electronics engineering or Computer Engineering or mechatronics or embedded systems or equivalent.
- 5 plus years of experience in machine control software design and development for heavy equipment (off highway).
- Experience in developing software for machine or vehicle controls and machine/vehicle automation.
- Good Knowledge and working experience with Embedded Linus or with other embedded operating systems.
- Experience in requirement engineering and management.
- Experience with Linux OS.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows.
- Microsoft Office Suite which includes Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
If you are the right person, if you have the expertise we need, submit your resume now!
- Experience with Cranes, Work Lifts and Platforms, Material Handling Machines, Excavators, Tractors, Combines control software.
- Good knowledge and experience with /of bare metal programming, VxWorks, QNX, or other RTOS platforms.
- Experience with GUI Development (UI/UX) for mobile machinery.
- Working experience with C, C++ programming languages.
- Knowledge of wireless and wired communication (BLE, GPS, Wi-Fi, Ethernet, cellular, CAN) technologies/protocols/applications.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.